Head Fertility Nurse
**Wages are competitive for those with fertility experience**
At Charm Fertility, our goal is to become the leading total woman’s healthcare destination. We’re patient-focused and enthusiastic about women’s health, which is at the heart of everything we do.
Together, we create an accessible, convenient, and consistently high-quality service through a savvy, confident yet clear, and simple team.
Our path ahead is one of miracles and heart. Every day, you will be creating special moments for our patients.
Charm Fertility takes health and safety seriously. We provide all staff with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and appropriate training and daily infection prevention screening of clients and workers to help prevent exposures to COVID-19.
Why is this role important?
Reporting to the Medical Director, the Head Fertility Nurse at CHARM Fertility will work autonomously carrying out clinical practice while managing the team of nurses across multiple sites. This requires collaboration with the attending physicians and excellent communication with clinic staff and patients. The successful candidate will participate in establishing and maintaining standards of practice, policies, and procedures at CHARM Fertility.
- Manage the team of nurses across all locations
- Provide nursing care to all patients and their families through evidence-based practice in a collaborative interdisciplinary team environment. Nursing care includes starting administering medications (subcutaneous, intramuscular, oral), collecting blood, and patient education.
- The nurse is responsible for teaching patients about their treatment cycles as well as how to administer self-injections.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively with patients/families and interdisciplinary colleagues.
- Maintain standards of clinical practice as per the professional body of the Ontario College of Nurses.
- Participate in continuous quality assessment on an ongoing basis.
- Work toward attaining the highest possible patient satisfaction
- Responsible for comprehensive nursing assessment of women and their partners/family
- Coordination of care for women and their partners receiving treatment with the team and with other facilities
- Communicating daily with other team members such as physicians, andrologists, accounting, reception, laboratory technicians, and ultrasound technicians
- Providing emotional support and counselling to women, their partners and families
- Supporting women and families through the various decisions that may be required while exploring various treatment options
- Providing emotional support and grief counselling to women and families who are not successful in achieving pregnancy
- Utilizing Electronic Medical Record system to provide patient care
Who you are:
- Registered Practical Nurse in good standing with the Ontario College of Nurses.
- Previous work experience in a women’s health care setting is preferred.
- Previous experience in fertility is preferred.
- Strong verbal and written skills.
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven ability to work effectively within a multidisciplinary team environment
- Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) (Preferred)
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At CHARM Group., an equal opportunity employer is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace. We welcome all applications. Whether you identify as a woman, a part of a racialized/visible minority, aboriginal person, person with disabilities, person of any sexual orientation, or gender identity or gender expression. In compliance with the AODA, any person can request accommodations at any point in the hiring process if required.