Health and Safety Consultant (Associate Level)
ERM Consultants Canada Ltd.
If you are a current/existing ERM Employee, please apply internally HERE.
ERM is seeking a Health and Safety Consultant to join our team in Eastern Canada. The position will focus on health and safety consulting with some environmental requirements. The HS Consultant is responsible for providing on-site HS support to clients, creating and maintaining health and safety documentation/records, developing safety programs, and advising on HS regulations. This is a great opportunity for someone with a couple of years of HS experience, with a passion for safety, to work with an expert consulting team and leading edge clients that are committed to a strong health & safety culture.
- Read, understand and follow our clients’ Corporate Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Programs, Policies and Procedures.
- Assist clients’ EHS Coordinator and Division Head as required.
- Work on-site under the direction of clients to support HS teams on the ground;
- Provide on-site assistance and participate in on-site employee communications (i.e. JHSC, meetings, safety talks/ training).
- Implement on-site HS inspection program and complete required documentation.
- Provide on-site HS regulatory compliance support for clients; including assessment of compliance to COVID-related jurisdictional requirements.
- Implement and review client /corporate HS programs.
- Support clients with the development and implementation of locally required risk assessment and mitigation activities.
- Proactively coach leaders and employees to instill an appreciation for and understanding of incident and accident reporting requirements, investigations and pertinent forms.
- Provide consultation services to management, supervisors, committees, faculty and employees on all aspects of HS including, but not limited to guidelines, hazard identification, assessment, controls, and incident investigation.
- Develop, revise, update and maintain all policy and program documents for our clients’ corporate programs.
- Prepare, update, distribute and maintain health and safety related documentation as required for the assigned worksites.
- Conduct risk assessments to prepare JHAs, control programs, or similar in ERM’s customer settings.
- Maintain third-party procurement websites such as Avetta and ISN, as required.
- Update, maintain, and present OHS related training to ensure a complete and effective understanding of potential risks and expected behaviors within the worksite with the goal to prevent or reduce incidents/accidents.
- Build strong collaborative relationships with other ERM employees.
- Recent graduate with Occupational Health degree, diploma/certificate or a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a HS role.
- Previous experience with OH&S Policies and Programs, WorkSafe applications, is an asset.
- Experience being a part of a Joint Health and Safety Committee. Joint Health and Safety Committee Certification would be an asset.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Experience developing safety documentation such as job hazard assessments, risk control programs, and safety manuals.
- Excellent time management skills to complete deliverables within prescribed timeframes.
- Detail oriented and able to focus on completing detailed, repetitive tasks.
- Ability to communicate with remote colleagues through conference calls and web-based videoconferencing platforms.
- Experience in provincial health and safety legislation (focus on eastern Canada, with other provinces an asset).
- Some field experience identifying risks and hazards.
- The role will include both office based and travel to our client sites in Eastern Canada; including Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal.
- Must be bilingual (French and English).
Who We Are:
As the world’s leading sustainability consulting firm, ERM is uniquely positioned to contribute to the environment and society through the expertise and energy of our employees worldwide. Sustainability is what we do, and is at the heart of both our service offerings and how we operate our business. ERM and our partners are driven by a dynamic vision: By 2021 we will be the clear leader in our chosen markets, we will double in value and we will deliver on our promises to our clients, our people and our investors. For our people, our vision means attracting, inspiring, developing and rewarding our people to work with the best clients and on the biggest challenges, thus creating valuable careers. We achieve our vision in a sustainable manner by maintaining and living our ERM values that include Accountability, Caring for our People, Client Focus, Collaboration, Empowerment, and Transparency.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!