Health, Environment, Safety & Sustainability Specialist
The Health, Environment, Safety & Sustainability Specialist provides support to the department Manager in the implementation of safety training through, training, meetings, risk assessments, audits and huddles and supports and helps maintaining the EHS3 programs.
Environmental and Sustainability:
- Understand hazardous waste regulations and by-laws that are applicable to the facility’s industrial waste and ensure compliance is being met.
- Aid in managing the Environmental Compliance Calendar for all required activities and reporting obligations.
- Provide support in all Environmental and Sustainability programs. Work with other stakeholders to evaluate opportunities for recycling and energy waste reduction.
Health, Safety and Security:
- Carrying out regular internal safety audits such as LOTO and Machine Guarding.
- Participate and coordinate all Fact Finding investigation on recordable, first aid, near misses incidents to ensure that preventative measures are in place and acted upon until completed.
- Coordinate and perform job specific Health and Safety training as outlined in the EHS3 training matrix.
- Be an active participant during the JHSC meetings. Follow up on JHSC audits and ensure corrective actions are followed up on in a timely fashion.
- Support EHS3 Manager on managing WSIB and reducing financial impact on Voyant Beauty through working with supervisors and the injured worker in administering claims management with emphasis on early and safe return to work program, medical management, modified duties requirements, re-employment obligations, liaison with WSIB Adjudicator, management of NEER costs and pro-active initiatives to avoid injuries, fines and penalties.
- Manage the Health and Safety EH3 program by ensuring policies are in place and address when there are gaps identified.
- Coordinate industrial hygiene survey such as noise survey for all applicable department.
- Coordinate safety reviews (PSSR), Job Hazard Analysis on a regular basis
- Guide and support all location management on injury, property damage, spill reporting into our EHS3 platform.
- Facilitate the Annual Fire Drill for all shift.
Other duties as required:
- Perform duties per GMP and customer requirements
- Other duties as required or assigned by the Manager
· University and/or College preferred specialized in Environmental and Occupational Health and Safety Discipline.
· Computer literate in Word, Excel, Database (JDE), SharePoint, Outlook.
· Excellent communication skills required, verbal and written.
· On call 24 hours.
· Good sound knowledge of TDG, WHMIS2015
· Combination of office, plant and occasionally outdoor work environment
· Some exposure to chemicals, chemical products and strong product odour
· Possibility of working under conditions of high noise levels
· Working in various temperature changes
· Some lifting might be required
To Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our company does not accept unsolicited CVs or applications from agencies. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs or applications and explicitly reserve its right to contact candidates presented in such unsolicited CV or application.
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Voyant Beauty complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.