Health Information Professional - CAS - Clinical Information Services
Position: Health Information Management Professional
Department: Clinical Information Services - ED & Oncology Coding
Hours: Monday - Sunday - Days,0800 - 1600; 7.5 hour shifts (subject to change based on operational requirements)
Halton Healthcare takes great pride in providing quality, compassionate healthcare services to our rapidly growing communities. As a progressive and vibrant healthcare organization, we are committed to being an innovative centre of excellence in community hospital care in the Halton and Peel Regions. We are a distinctive centre of healthcare excellence that offers first-rate care in an innovative environment that supports the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual needs of the community.
This is what you'll be doing:
Required to codeDay Surgery, Inpatients, and ED charts , in accordance with CIHI ICD-10 standards, utilizing Med2020 WinRecs software and Meditech client server EMR.
This is what you'll need to do it:
Halton Healthcare endeavors to hire individuals who are competent in their chosen profession and who exemplify our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and compassion which guide our individual behaviours and attitudes.
- Must be a graduate of a recognized Health Information Management Program
- Must be a Certified Health Information Management Professional with CHIMA.
- Must be a member in good standing with the Canadian Health Information Management Association
- Must have thorough knowledge and understanding of Meditech client server.
- Must have excellent computer skills including proficiency with Meditech EMR and Med2020 abstracting systems
- Must have a minimum 2 years experience NACRS Day Surgery Coding.
- Must be able to work well independently in a busy environment
- Must be able to effectively prioritize workload
- Excellent organizational skills
- Must possess exceptional English written and verbal communication skills
- Exemplary employment and attendance record required
- Must be able to physically perform the duties of the job.
Date Posted: August 31, 2021
Internal Applications due by: September 7, 2021
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are, we'd like to hear from you. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.com directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with Directive #6, Halton Healthcare has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. All new hires must be fully compliant with our Policy as a condition of employment with Halton Healthcare. Successful applicants will be required to provide proof of vaccination or proof of a documented medical exemption as part of the hiring process.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products. We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.