Health Information Professional - TPT - Clinical Information Services
Position: Health Information Management Professional –ER coding
Department: Clinical Information Services
Status: Temporary Part-time for approx.6 months (must provide availability of up to 0.3 FTE)
Hours: Monday - Sunday - Days; 0800 - 1600; 7.5 hour shifts (subject to change based on operational requirements)
Halton Healthcare takes great pride in providing quality, compassionate healthcare services to our rapidly growing communities. As a progressive and vibrant healthcare organization, we are committed to being an innovative centre of excellence in community hospital care in the Halton and Peel Regions. We are a distinctive centre of healthcare excellence that offers first-rate care in an innovative environment that supports the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual needs of the community.
This is what you will be doing:
Required to code Inpatient, Day Surgery, and ERcharts, in accordance with CIHI ICD-10-CA/CCI coding standards, utilizing Med2020 WinRecs software and Meditech client server EMR. You will be required to meet benchmarks set for coding productivity standards for each type of coding.
This is what you will need to do it:
Halton Healthcare endeavors to hire individuals who are competent in their chosen profession and who exemplify our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and compassion, which guide our individual behaviours and attitudes.
- Graduate from a recognized Health Information Management Program
- Certification with the Canadian College of Health Information Management
- Member in good standing with the Canadian Health Information Management Association
- Proficient in ICD-10-CA/CCI coding and CIHI Coding Standards
- Proficient in Meditech and WinRecs applications
- Working knowledge of Microsoft applications
- Thorough knowledge of anatomy and physiology, disease and disease process, medications and their uses, microbiology, medical terminology and diagnostic test results
- Understanding of Health System Funding Reform and grouping methodology
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with DAD and NACRS Coding
- Ability to work well independently in a busy environment
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to effectively prioritize workload
- Excellent decision making, problem solving and analytical skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Exemplary employment and attendance record required
Date Posted: August 31, 2021
Internal Applicants Due By: September 7, 2021
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are, we'd like to hear from you. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.com directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with Directive #6, Halton Healthcare has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. All new hires must be fully compliant with our Policy as a condition of employment with Halton Healthcare. Successful applicants will be required to provide proof of vaccination or proof of a documented medical exemption as part of the hiring process
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products. We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.