Health, Safety & Environment Specialist
East York, ON
Are You Ready to Make It Happen at Mondelēz International?
Join our Mission to Lead the Future of Snacking. Make It With Pride.
You take pride in your work and will drive toward a culture of zero incidents and an optimum environmental footprint. HSE programs will be well implemented and meet the relevant standards and regulations in the Plant. That means you will ensure that facilities provided are well maintained, regulation/procedure are in place and implemented, hazards/aspects assessments are conducted, the accident both caused by unsafe acts and conditions are reduced and energy and waste are driven down.
How you will contribute
- Assist and lead the cultural transformation regarding HSE to help lead plant to achieve Zero accidents and Incidents
- Be responsible for coordinating and overseeing implementation of all Health & Safety programs and processes
- Participate in investigations to facilitate closure of identified non-conformances
- Provide Health and Safety expertise for the plant for all new projects and change management activities
- Follow up on non-conformances and develops the systems to resolve them based on root cause analysis
- Maintain an up-to-date incident reporting system, assist with investigating incidents in conjunction with the HSE Pillar team/safety committee and drive the completion of corrective actions to eliminate root causes/reoccurrence
- Develop technical guidance programs to identify and remove physical hazards`
What you will bring
A desire to drive your future and accelerate your career. You will bring experience and knowledge in:
- Experience in Environmental Health and Safety
- Must have completed Environmental Health and Safety training in areas such as OSHA, EPA, DNREC
- Experience in safety, and/or environmental technical standards
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to work with individuals at all levels
- Understanding and knowledge of regulatory reports and compliances including experience with ISO
More about this role
What you need to know about this position:
What extra ingredients you will bring:
- Experience in supporting a HS&E program within a manufacturing environment.
- Must be a passionate champion of HS&E and an advocate for continuous improvement
Education / Certifications:
Post-Secondary degree in Occupational Health and Safety or a related field
Job specific requirements:
- At least 2 years of experience within a manufacturing environment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and other software programs such as Power Bi.
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Strong multi-tasking and time management skills to meet deadlines
<5% within the GTA.
Day shift with the ability to support 24-7 operations as required.No Relocation support available
Business Unit Summary
We are the second-largest snacking company in Canada and in the top 10 food companies in North America. We make and distribute delicious household favorites including Cadbury, Oreo, Mr. Christie and Maynards. We are an ambitious business—in the past few years alone, we have invested $250 million in our Ontario-based factories. Our community of over 2,600 employees is based across Canada, with our head office on Bloor Street West in Toronto. Canada plays a strategic role for Mondelēz North America and globally. We are proud of our “local-first” commercial focus that enables us to take ownership of our own market and make more, faster decisions closer to our consumers. We are also proud of our top 100 position on Forbes magazine’s 2019 Canada’s Best Employers list.
If you are applying to a position in Canada, accommodations for applicants with disabilities or other grounds protected by human rights legislation are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the employment selection process. For all internal and external applicants who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process please contact 847-943-5460 for assistance/support.
Health, Safety & Environment
About the Company
At Mondelēz International, our purpose is to empower people to snack right. We will lead the future of snacking around the world by offering the right snack, for the right moment, made the right way. That means delivering a broader range of delicious, high-quality snacks that nourish life's moments, made with sustainable ingredients and packaging that consumers can feel good about.
Empowering People to Snack Right
Mondelēz International empowers people to snack right in over 150 countries around the world. We're leading the future of snacking with iconic global and local brands such as Oreo, belVita and LU biscuits; Cadbury Dairy Milk, Milka and Toblerone chocolate; Sour Patch Kids candy and Trident gum.
We are one of the largest snack companies in the world with global net revenues of $25.9 billion and net earnings of $3.4 billion in 2018. We make and sell primarily snacks, including biscuits (cookies, crackers and salted snacks), chocolate, gum & candy as well as various cheese & grocery and powdered beverage products.
We have operations in more than 80 countries and employ around 80,000 in our factories, offices, research & development facilities and distribution activities around the world.