The HSE Advisor will be responsible for coordinating, preparing, and supporting all HSE activities in the field. Field level advisors act as a front-line resource to help execute the organization's health, safety, and environmental management system intended to protect the organization's employees, the environment, and property against harm or damage.
Project Site: Enbridge, Regina
Start Date: June 15, 2021
*Candidates local to Regina, SK. preferred
*Pre-access drug & alcohol test required for site access
- Work under the direction of HSE leadership on multiple tasks requiring judgment to resolve problems.
- Ensure training and documentation systems are maintained and record all employees training and competency requirements.
- Conduct safety inspections, observations, incident investigations, risk assessments and audits.
- Spend minimum of 50% of work day at the work front(s).
- Prepare method of statement/reports.
- Ensure compliance with company policies/procedures and adhere to applicable regulatory requirements.
- Communicate with senior management to ensure that corrective action plans are developed and implemented in a timely manner.
- Ensure regular safety meetings are conducted and proper documentation is completed and logged as per company policy.
- Provide Company HSE orientation to new employees, subcontractors, and visitors.
- Various other duties as requested by management.
- 3+ years of experience in HSE role.
- 5 + years’ experience in an industrial setting.
- Post-secondary education in related field.
- NCSO designation.
- OH&S certificate (preferred).
- Standard First Aid.
- Knowledge in OH&S legislation, safety management systems, and operational hazards & controls within an industrial setting.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Able to interact with all levels of management.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions.
- Advanced computer skills with proficiency in use of MS Office products.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to represent the company in a professional and courteous manner.
- Organized and self-motivated.