HSE Advisor, Lloydminster
PTW Energy Services Ltd.
HSE ADVISOR, LLOYDMINSTER
PTW is hiring an HSE ADVISOR to join our team in Lloydminster, Alberta.
Working within the HSE team, you will be responsible for assisting the business in the promotion and implementation of PTW’s HSE Program, safety initiatives, providing coaching and mentoring to operation teams to promote a safe and healthy culture.
If you are local to the Lloydminster area and have 5 years’ experience in a similar role, we want to hear from you!
IMMEDIATE START. APPLY TODAY!
A DAY IN THE LIFE
- Mentor and influence operations teams to promote a high-level safety culture; Assists operational employees with the implementation of PTW’s OH&S program.
- Complies with provincial, federal and PTW OH&S regulation, code, policies and codes of practice. Remains up to date on federal and provincial OH&S regulations and legislation as well as other related industry practices.
- Conducts incident and/or major failures investigations. Advises management on corrective actions and follows up to ensure completion.
- Identifies risks and ensures required risk management plans are implemented.
- Develops solid working relationships with PTW employees and contractors. Liaises with PTW’s clients.
- Works with the HSE Director to identify OH&S training requirements and ensures that is provided. Delivers presentations and facilitate training sessions.
- Assists branch management and/or site supervisors with defining OH&S objectives and plans.
- Diploma or certificate in Occupational Health and Safety. CRSP designation preferred.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Health and Safety role.
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication and organizational skills are essential.
- Exceptional relationship building capabilities and a collaborative working style.
- Excellent knowledge base of provincial OH&S legislation and regulations, risk management programs, hazard assessment and industry best practices.
- Strong work ethic, good team player, enthusiastic and ability to excel in a flexible, fast paced environment.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Must have own transportation as location is not accessible with public transportation.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract required.
- Must have CSA approved safety boots.
- Safety tickets required: Standard First Aid, WHMIS and CSTS
Competitive Wages and benefits plans | Apprenticeship Tuition Program | Quality work | Safety and quality are built into everything we do | Safety Training and PPE provided | Opportunity for advancement | Learning and development | Opportunities to travel, stay local or relocate | Team atmosphere | People-focused company.
PTW is a leading industry solutions provider delivering construction, fabrication, and maintenance services. Our network extends across Canada, and the United States. We create and deliver innovative industrial solutions to customers in the agricultural, mining, oil and gas, petrochemical, pulp and paper, nuclear and renewable energy industries. We have 2,500 talented people proud of the safe and reliable work we perform for our customers every day.
PTW is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to achieving greater accessibility by providing accommodation for people with disabilities during our hiring process. Accommodations are available on request for qualified candidates during each stage of the recruitment process.
Please note that candidates applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
OUR VALUES GROUND US: CARE | EXCELLENCE | PASSION