At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
Come and join ABB Installation Products Division, the number one manufacturer of electrification products in North America with a 125-year history of providing innovation and customer focused solutions for connecting and protecting electrical systems, as well as a unique differentiated medium voltage offering. Our products are used all around you, every day - orbiting the earth, working on Mars, on the fastest trains we ride, in the fastest cars of the world, crossing oceans, in factories producing your food, in the tallest buildings of the world, in the most modern hotels and in the walls of your home.
ABB Installation Products Division, formerly Thomas & Betts, is a global leader in the design, manufacture and marketing of products used to manage the connection, protection and distribution of electrical power in industrial, construction and utility applications. With a portfolio of more than 200,000 products marketed under more than 35 premium brand names, ABB Installation Products Division offerings are found wherever electricity is used.
Reporting to the factory manager, you will be required to promote occupational health and safety to create a safe and healthy work environment for all employees, suppliers, customers, and visitors. The incumbent will develop the internal teams in the implementation of the prevention elements necessary for the smooth running of the 14001 and 18001 management systems. The health, safety and environmental advisor will also ensure that all applicable laws and standards are understood and complied with during the operations of the Pointe-Claire plant located at 180 Labrosse. The HSE advisor will be responsible for providing the expertise and leadership in HSE to continuously improve the performance of the plant and the engagement of those who work there. You must be an agent of change in the implementation of a "Zero Accident by Choice" culture.
- Responsible for establishing and promoting health and safety culture.
- Perform a role of support and coaching with employees and managers in the management of occupational health and safety and the environment.
- Encourage a proactive attitude in matters of HSE.
- Promote and coordinate prevention activities (corporate programs, risk assessment).
- Participate in accident and incident investigations, draw up reports and ensure follow-up, identify root causes during these investigations, and make sure that the appropriate control measures are in place.
- Develop, identify the relevant training activities or needs, define or deliver various training programs.
- Be proactive in the deployment and implementation of the internal HSE programs.
- Participate in the implementation and monitor the health and safety, environment management system (ABB WAY).
- Prepare and participate in internal and external audits (OHSAS 18001, 14001, government agencies and insurance partners) and participate as an internal auditor.
- Take charge of maintaining the documentation relative to the management system, while working with the program owners.
- Animate and coordinate HSE meetings and activities.
- Promote teamwork within the HSE team.
- Participate and collaborate in the development and implementation of the corporate policies and standards with the corporate team.
- Analyze risks in the work environment such as air quality, noise level, lighting, thermal stress, etc.
- Prepare and report statistical data in the appropriate databases.
- A personality that fosters the creation and maintenance of a team spirit.
- Be an agent of change.
- Have a proactive approach.
- Expert level relative to HSS management systems.
- Superior knowledge of corporate audits, ISO and OHSAS activities as an "auditee".
- Experience in a unionized environment.
- Enjoy taking up challenges.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Excellent knowledge of OHS laws, regulations and standards.
- Focused on Behavioural Approach systems.
- Manufacturing hazards (machine safety, padlocking, work at a height, ergonomics, etc.).
- Strategic thinking skills ̶ finding solutions.
- Autonomous, capable of managing priorities, result-oriented.
- Analysis synthesis.
- Aptitude for quickly understanding HSE issues related to his sector and ability to respond.
- Team spirit ̶ positive and unifying attitude.
- Sense of customer service.
- Integrity, respect.
- Excellent French and intermediate English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- DCS in environment, health and safety or certificate in OHS or any other relevant disciplines.
- Minimum of 5 of experience relevant to health and safety in an industrial environment.
More about us
Named to Forbes 2020 list of top 15 employers in Canada, ABB values the dedication, commitment and expertise of our employees. ABB is an Employment Equity Employer and believes in an inclusive and diverse workforce. Committed to ensuring that all policies and practices respect the Employment Equity Program, we aim for our workforce to be truly representative of the four designated groups; women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to applicant with disabilities and encourage applicants to self-identify in the application process.