The HSE Coordinator is responsible for providing support in planning, establishing, implementing, and maintenance of WesTower Communications' health and safety programs. This position will provide coordination of the day-to-day safety requirements of the corporation including training, orientations, incident tracking, investigations, recommendations of corrective actions, safety compliance, and involvement with HSE best practices and procedures. This individual is a point of contact for the Health and Safety Team. Other duties may be assigned as required.
Accountability and Dependability
Planning and Organizing
- Supply direct Health and Safety coaching to the operational site level leadership, and health and safety committee representatives.
- Assist with creation, facilitation, and coordination of training including annual training and third-party training.
- Perform risk assessments and development of safe work procedures for corporate and regional purposes.
- Provide guidance and support to operations to meet OHS and corporate expectations.
- Leads the facilitation of serious investigations including recordable injuries, near misses, and critical incidents.
- Assist to accompany and comply with OHS inspections and potential orders.
- Support the regional operations in preparation for Group Health and Safety Management Systems audits and develop action plans for continuous improvement.
- Support HSE team and regional operations in the development and implementation of Health and Safety priorities, guidance documents, key lessons learned, best practices, and policies.
- Support HSE team in implementation of both corporate and regional Heath Safety Environment directives.
- Assist with the utilization of internal reporting tools to meet reporting requirements.
- Support regional operations in implementation and maintenance of programs such as BisTrainer, SafeTapp, Avetta, Cognibox, ComplyWorks, Contractor Compliance, CQ Network, and ISNetworld.
- Assist to develop and share regional communications to all stakeholders including key lessons, best practices, alerts, and KPIs.
- Conduct inspections on quality of health and safety documentation.
- Assist with annual COR audits.
- Monitor and report on the overall effectiveness of the implementation of corporate Health Safety & Environment plans.
- Provide support to site leadership in the preparation of site-specific material for safety meetings and toolbox talks.
- Post-secondary certification (degree, diploma, certificate) in Occupational Health & Safety is preferred.
- 3 -5 years working experience (min.) as a health & safety professional. Construction industry is preferred.
- CRSP preferred, CSO or NCSO is an asset.
- COR auditor certification is an asset
- Excellent communication skills and high attention to detail
- Preferred computer skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, Outlook
- Knowledge of relevant Provincial regulations across Canada
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with all levels of the organization
- Valid driver's license
- Physical ability to lift 25lbs.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Site visits maybe required.