Do you have a passion for ensuring the safety of others? Do you thrive on informing individuals on best practices? Take the leap make your mark at Plan Group!
As our HSE Coordinator you will:
- Advise and ensure compliance of the safety policies and programs for the Plan Group and Constructors
- Coordinate and provide safety training to workers at all levels (e.g. Fire Safety, WHMIS 2015, WAH, Lift Training, New Hire Orientation, etc.)
- Develop programs, procedures, for new health and safety legislation
- Coordinate safety assessments and review any assessment findings with appropriate parties. Follow up by documenting the items which require immediate correction
- Investigate near misses, unsafe conditions and incidents (serious or otherwise)
- Research new health and safety advancements (i.e. EWPs, Arc Flash gear, etc.) when needed
- Assist in auditing safety programs and track incident statistics to develop proactive control measures
- Assist with WSIB claims and RTW programs
- Take an active role in the internal and external safety committees
- Coordinate and maintain all safety related information and documentation with the Health and Safety Department
- Communicate with suppliers for new product advancements, product deliveries, WHMIS or other safety related information
Our ideal candidate has:
- 1-3 years of safety experience in the construction industry or related combination of education and experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 and Adobe
- National Construction Safety Officer (NCSO) is an asset
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to learn new systems quickly
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
We promise we’ll challenge you every step of the way. Since 1955 we’ve left a positive mark on the projects we’ve worked on, and we’re just getting started. To learn more about life at Plan Group, visit our website at www.plan-group.com and follow us on LinkedIn.
Thank you for your interest in joining Plan Group. Please note that due to the volume of applicants only those who will be considered for an interview will be contacted.
Accommodations for applicants with disabilities will be made during the recruitment processes.
Should you be contacted for an interview please advise if accommodations are required.
We are an equal opportunity employer.