Permanent Full TimeClient Name:
Experience a rewarding and fulfilling career with Mercyhealth. Mercyhealth is committed to offering our partners a best place to work. Our unique workplace Culture of Excellence is built upon:
- Employee engagement, empowerment and growth
- Teamwork toward our common goal providing exceptional health care services with a passion for making lives better
- An atmosphere of caring and quality that cascades throughout the organization
Social Worker MSW - Hospice will provide psychosocial/supportive services to assist the patient and family by minimizing the stress and problems that arise during the terminal illness, related conditions, and the dying process and will provide social work services based on the individual needs of the patient and family as identified by the IDG and on the psychosocial assessment.
- Performs home visits to patient's dwelling. Investigates case situations and presents information to members of the health team on patient's family and social background pertinent to diagnosis and treatment.
- Assess patients for continuing care needs, creates plan for providing continuing care, and confers with hospice physician and team members as needed.
- Employ skilled social work interventions (e.g. assessment, counseling, education, referral to community resources, crisis intervention).
- Refers patient or patient's family to other community resources as is indicated; assists patients and families to complete advance directives.
- Educates patients about resources, options and documents all activities in a timely manner.
- The MSW provides emotional support, helps patients and families understand and accept their condition as well as accepting medical recommendations; utilizes community resources to assist patients to live in the community; responsible for travel arrangements for patients; responsible for arranging changes in levels of care and settings.
- Knowledge of terminally ill patients and their families along with Understanding of hospice and the psychosocial dynamics of illness, loss, and death; ability to apply knowledge of the special needs of hospice patient and families; sensitivity to the impact of life and death issues face by individuals with terminal illness; tact in dealing with these patients and their families; ability to support others at a time of crisis; ability to cope with the stress of repeated loss
- The hospice MSW participates in IDT meetings and is considered a core member of the hospice team per regulations.
- The hospice MSW participates in team meetings regularly to provide input during patient case conferences and to educate team members regarding social work interventions that can be provided.
- May be required to work flexible hours.
Masters of Social Work (MSW) from an approved graduate school of social work
One year social work experience in a healthcare setting; Home Health or Hospice Experience preferred; Experience and ability to facilitate groups
Currently Licensed (LCSW/LSW) in the State of Illinois; Current CPR certification; Requires a valid driver's license (for a minimum of 12 months), a satisfactory driving record (as deemed by Mercyhealth), and proof of automobile insurance equal or greater to that required by the state of Illinois.
Job Start Date:
Number of Positions:
Maximum Submissions Per Job:
Days (8:00 - 4:30P) with Weekend, On-Call & Holiday Rotation
State License Details:
Must Be Currently Active
Holiday Coverage Required:
Minimum Years of Experience:
Specialty and Certification Information
Social Worker-Clinical, Clinical Social Worker
Will facility accept 1099?:
Incidentals provided by facility: