Canada Samuel, Son & Co
At Samuel, Son & Co., your success is our business. As a leading metals and industrial products manufacturer, processor and distributor, we leverage our industry expertise, breadth of experience and the passion of our people to help drive success for North American business—one customer at a time. We go beyond quality, price competitiveness, reliability and service. As a strategic supplier, we work collaboratively with our customers to understand their challenges and opportunities, and to develop innovative solutions that create value and meet real business needs. Our people are the source of our strength, vitality and reputation. We are a team—always moving, improving and getting things done. We focus on doing the right thing for our customers and employees— and we never compromise our integrity. We safeguard our employees’ health and well-being, give back to our communities and demonstrate respect for the environment.
Samuel, Son & Co. Because it’s not just business. It’s family.
What we Offer:
Paid Weekly, Direct Deposit
Competitive Pay rate
Vacation time and paid holidays
Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
Pension plan with company match
Annual Safety Boot Allowance
Opportunity for stability and career growth
- Troubleshoot and repair motor starter circuits, control circuits, PLC ladder logic, Allen Bradley SLC500, AC and DC electrical drives, and Messer and Trumpf burning machines.
- Work with the maintenance team to ensure the plant has little to no downtime.
- Responsible for all electrical modifications and repairs performed following lock-out tag out procedures.
- Maintains all electrical schematic drawings.
- Oversees electrical preventative maintenance program.
- Coordinates requisitions of parts and supplies.
- Coordinates all safety aspects of electrical systems.
- Works closely with Millwrights and assists with mechanical tasks when required.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned, including electrical inspection by the local Hydro Department.
- Ontario Licensed 442 Industrial Electrician.
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience.
- Willing to work shifts.
- Self-starter with a strong initiative.
- Desire to learn new skills.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing hydraulic and pneumatic circuits, overhead cranes with VFDs, and DC drive controls (Unico, Saftronic, Allen Bradley, Magnetek, Eurotherm).
- Able to read and interpret electrical drawings.
- Ability to weld stick and mig is an asset.
- Motor and/or drive shop experience is an asset.
- Experience performing Millwright and/or Gas Fitter duties is an asset.