Internal Communications Specialist, Electrification and Country Communications, Canada-Temporary
ABB's Electrification Global Markets organization is responsible for the go-to-market strategy and generating profitable growth for the Electrification Business Area. Our 10,000 strong commercial team represents the portfolio of all Electrification Business Area Divisions in over 100 countries. Our unmatched domain expertise across key industry verticals and channels combined with our truly global footprint makes us able to deliver extraordinary business results, supporting our customers with solutions which address their current needs, whilst considering the future emerging trends such as Urbanization, Digitalization and Shift to Electricity and Sustainable Energy.This role is responsible for executing and implementing internal communications strategies and programs that drive business results for ABB Canada as a whole and for its Electrification (EL) Business Area in Canada. With a clear focus on building an EL Internal Communications function alongside the Internal Communications Lead, this role supports building new communication processes and drives communications at all levels inside the organization, partnering with executives, businesses areas, divisions, and functions. He/she creates clear and compelling strategies and messages - and finds innovative ways to deliver them - that build a culture of collaboration and business excellence within EL.
- Create and execute strategic internal communications plans for Canadian employees.
- Create engaging written and visual messaging to motivate and inspire employees.
- Write news articles, posts, blogs, and announcements for various internal communications channels.
- Provide communication support for various corporate events.
- Oversee rollout and localization of global communication initiatives and change management plans.
- Manage communications projects with high detail and accuracy from start to finish.
- Assist with internal social media management.
- Serve as channel owner for various communications channels in Canada.
- Manage communication and design agencies to produce deliverables on time and on budget.
- Develop and execute engaging internal and marketing communications to serve as the glue for the EL business area, its divisions and related functions.
- Create and execute communication plans and tactics specific to Canadian EL employees.
- Amplify communication programs from the global EL business area and the Canadian communications teams, localizing them for Canadian EL employees.
- Oversee and maintain digital channels seen/used by Canadian EL employees.
- Ensure Canadian support for EL-related change initiatives, mergers and acquisitions, integration, crisis management, and other global initiatives with strong communication and transformation initiatives.
- Assist with executive messaging within the Canadian EL organization to support the implementation of business strategies.
- Build strong working relationships with the Human Resources function to support the EL people strategy.
- Increase the EL business area leadership, wins and best-in-class practices visibility for all employees.
- Create and foster employee dialogue to support continuous improvement across the entire business area.
- Lead the Canadian portion of EL business-wide campaigns and activities that increase employee engagement around values, strategic topics via a results-oriented and measurable approach.
- Develop measures to increase awareness for Health, Safety and Environment, quality and integrity topics.
- Identify new insights and strategies to ensure greatest impact with EL audiences in Canada.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism, or related field and minimum 2 years in corporate internal communications roles.
- Proficient in the Associated Press (AP) style, the Canadian style guidelines and Clés de la redaction style.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Proven track record of producing creative and strategic communications & content.
- Strong project management skills and ability to own large-scale projects from start to finish.
- Ability to edit written and visual communications from various sources.
- Ability to localize global content and programs for Canadian audience.
- Strong capability for independent direction and decision-making.
- Strong ability to communicate and collaborate across various corporate cultures.
- Ability to function successfully within ambiguity and complexity.
- Entrepreneur with initiative to build new programs from idea to execution.
- Web content management system experience (CMS).
- Advanced Microsoft Office knowledge.
- Education or training specifically in organizational or internal communications.
- Video editing software knowledge.
- Ability to capture and communicate the voice of leaders.
- Ability to create and build relationships across geographic and cultural boundaries.
- Ability to effectively manage communication and design agencies.
- Experience working in a matrix organization.
- Experience with communication measurement.
More about us
Named to Forbes 2020 list of top 15 employers in Canada, ABB values the dedication, commitment and expertise of our employees. ABB is an Employment Equity Employer and believes in an inclusive and diverse workforce. Committed to ensuring that all policies and practices respect the Employment Equity Program, we aim for our workforce to be truly representative of the four designated groups; women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to applicant with disabilities and encourage applicants to self-identify in the application process.