Mr. Lawnmower Irrigation Technician is looking to hire an Irrigation Technician
Here we grow again, if you like working outdoors, really enjoyed your summer job mowing lawns in middle school then a job in Horticultural Industry is for you. Horticultural companies work to preserve and enhance a client’s landscape.
Horticultural Projects can be as simple as caring for grass and shrubs, or as elaborate as tending to turf, trees, and other landscape elements at a luxury resort.
Since maintaining the “attractiveness” of landscapes is so popular, there is rarely a shortage of work as a horticultural professional. This isn’t your simple summer lawn-mowing job anymore!
We at Mr. Lawnmower are looking for energetic and motivated individuals that have tremendous leadership qualities and are attention to detail-oriented. Mr. Lawnmower is based in Scarborough, and currently has an opening for Irrigation Foreman and Irrigation Technicians. Candidates must be Dependable, Honest, and Trustworthy. References will be mandatory.
- Apply irrigation throughout the park following a specific schedule.
- This position pays $18.00 - $23 per hour based on experience.
- Minimum 1-3 years experience in the operation and maintenance of automated/manual commercial and residential irrigation systems
- Certified Irrigation Technician status (Landscape Ontario) or equivalent is an asset
- Familiar with plumbing techniques and materials as well as turf maintenance equipment operation and practices
- Able to meet the physical requirements of the job including bending, lifting, utilizing hand tools, and working in various weather conditions (must be able to lift, pull and push 23kg or 50 lbs)
- Valid Ontario driver’s license (class G/G2)
- Able to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Must provide own CSA approved safety footwear
- Able to work 7:00 am- 6:00 pm spring, summer, and fall and possible shifts from 12.:00 am to 9:00 am during the irrigation season (Monday-Friday) and occasional overtime and weekends
- Able to wear personal protective equipment deemed necessary to perform this job safely (may include; gloves, mask and/or face shield, non-slip shoes, etc)
- Assist with the operation of existing park irrigation system to implement the turf irrigation program: ensuring maximum efficiency; appropriate schedules and application rates are applied as required to water turf/grass and flower beds
- Troubleshoot/repair various system components as required (heads/valves/piping)
- Assist in the installation of modifications to an existing system or the addition of new systems
- Assist in the implementation of the turf maintenance program as required (top dressing, seeding, turf repair, laying sod)
- Line trimming and backpack blowing as required
- Assist with other duties as required
All Applicants interested and qualified applicants should be able to work well with others, have good communication skills, and be able to start immediately and work overtime as requested. All resumes and cover letters should be e-mailed to: email@example.com.
Please be advised that due to the anticipated high volume of response to this ad, Mr. Lawnmower is not able to respond to every applicant. Someone from Mr. Lawnmover will contact qualified applicant that meet the requirements of the position and match the background and professional experience.About Mr. Lawnmower Landscaping Services Ltd. :
Mr Lawnmower Landscaping Services is a reliable and professional landscape company with a commitment to excellence and quality. We have been serving the Greater Toronto Area since 2003. At Mr Lawnmower, we are proud to have a very large client base in Toronto, Ontario. These clients have used our services many times which is a testament to the outstanding service that we provide.