27 days ago
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. With offices in more than 43 countries, the people of Morgan Stanley are dedicated to providing our clients the finest thinking, products and services to help them achieve even the most challenging goals.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. We embrace integrity, excellence, team work and giving back.
The Technology division partners with our business units and leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global and dynamic financial markets.
Our sizeable investment in technology results in leading-edge tools, software, and systems. Our insights, applications, and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients’ businesses—and to our own.
Institutional Securities Technology (IST) develops and oversees the overall technology strategy and bespoke technology solutions to drive and enable the institutional businesses and enterprise-wide functions. Our clients include Fixed Income, Equities, Commodities, Investment Banking, Research and Global Capital Markets.
We are looking for a smart, innovative, results-oriented individual to join our global backend development team. The role involves business and technical requirement analysis, design, hands-on development in a distributed architecture environment. An ideal candidate will have enterprise project experience and a good knowledge of data structures, algorithms, object-oriented concepts, multithreading / synchronization issues, networking, and relational databases. The successful candidate is expected to work with the colleagues around the globe and hence excellent communication skills (verbal and written) are a must. Knowledge of the financial industry or Equity Swaps is preferred, but not a requirement. The primary focus of the role will be on basket trading engines written in Java.
- Basic knowledge of software engineering principles (data structures & algorithms, OO, design patterns, multithreading, networking)
- Good Java syntax knowledge.
- Good trouble shooting and debugging skills
- Working knowledge of a scripting language (python preferably) and Unix commands.
- Experience in formal software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in test driven development
- Previous core development experience.
- Experience in event driven design and microservices.
- Experience designing and developing large scale distributed client/server systems a bonus
- Front Office (Sales & Trading) development experience
- Knowledge of FIX protocol related to order management
- Project management abilities
Knowledge of French and English is required.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential.
Spotlight on our Montreal Technology Centre: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oo5GaXpCwKs
*Video dated October 2019.