Journeyperson Welder w/Truck (Syncrude Aurora)
North American Construction Group Inc.
Fort McMurray, AB
This is a site based position at Syncrude Aurora, working 14x14 and camp accommodations are NOT provided.
- Red Seal/Alberta Welder Trade ticket with heavy equipment repair experience (preferably large Trucks/Dozers/Shovels)
Experience with mobile equipment repairs, ice lugging, Lancing, and gouging.
- Trained and experienced with Stick, MIG and large wire-feed welders, radiograph, Cooper-heat, Plasma cutter, Lance, overhead crane, etcâ€¦
- Able to work outside if necessary
- $5M Liability Insurance
CERTIFIED RED SEAL WELDER WITH DECK TRUCK WELDING UNIT
All successful candidates must:
- Be proficient in English, both verbally and written
- Have a valid Class 5 Driverâ€™s License
- Have experience as requested as mentioned above
- Subject to Random Testing at: Suncor, Suncor Fort Hills and Kearl sites
- Disclose COVID-19 vaccination status:
- Fully immunized individuals must provide government issued proof of vaccination to be exempt from site testing requirements
- Individuals not fully immunized may be subject to site COVID-19 testing requirements and associated costs
- Undergo and successfully pass the following testing:
- Breath Alcohol Test
- Urine Drug Test
- Fitness-to-Work Assessment
- Audiometric Testing
- Vision Screening
- Criminal Record Check
Shift, site, and start times are subject to change.
All successful candidates MUST provide the following items prior to confirmation of their start date:
- CSO or BSO Certification
- Copy of Valid Class 5 Driverâ€™s License
- Copy of recent Driverâ€™s Abstract
- VOID cheque/direct deposit form
Once dispatched the following processes will occur:
- Will receive a call from NACG to set up all required pre-employment testing
- An email will be sent with all required New Hire Paperwork to be filled out
- After all results are received by NACG candidates will be contacted by Site Admin to schedule orientation and confirm your start date and other site specific details.
Please note the entire On-boarding process can take anywhere from 3-8 business days.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE, SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED VIA PHONE OR EMAIL.
North American Construction Group (NACG) has served as an industry leader in the heavy construction and mining industries for over 65 years. In that time, weâ€™ve proven ourselves as a safe and reliable contractor who can complete projects of any size and scope. Weâ€™ve also taken a number of bold steps forward to broaden our footprint, expanding to mines outside our provincial borders, and providing third-party maintenance services to clients and customers.
In addition to providing employees with rewarding careers, North American has a whole lot more to offer:
- Significant Growth â€“ As a company, NACG is rapidly expanding, and has practically doubled in size over the past year alone.
- Long Term Contracts â€“ With over $1 billion dollars in contracted work booked through 2023, NACG can provide long term employment solutions and numerous opportunities for advancement.
- Commitment To Safety â€“ With a top tier record for safety performance, NACG is dedicated to ensuring that everyone gets home safe, and constantly strives for a goal zero performance.
- Competitive Compensation â€“ NACG provides competitive compensation packages for all employees.
North American Construction Group is an equal opportunity employer, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment where every employee feels valued and respected.
Become a member of the North American family today!