Junior Quality Control Inspector
Applus+ is a global leader in the Testing, Inspection and Certification sector delivering non-destructive testing, inspection, engineering, and manpower services to the aerospace, power, and, oil and gas industries. We are a trusted partner who enhances the quality and safety of our clientsâ€™ assets and infrastructures while safeguarding their operations. We deliver this through our technical capabilities, innovative approach, and our motivated team who are committed to operational excellence.
Applus+ has achieved a significant global presence and a leading position in its target markets and regions. As a result, our teams have expanded with 19,000 professionals across the world, attracting the very best talent in the industry.
Together beyond standards.Position Purpose:
The Junior Quality Control Inspector helps support the Quality Control team, with the use of examination and verification processes, to ensure the end product meets the requirements of client specifications and public safety acts and regulations.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complies with the quality standard set by Applus RTD Canada and its clients.
- Organizes and documents the correct storing and adjustments of all quality control equipment and materials.
- Examines weldments and materials such as pipes, structural members and mechanical equipment at different stages of processing to ensure adherence to client requirements.
- Grades and labels products in accordance to dimensions and makeup of the materials involved or other criteria.
- Analyzes samples of products in the laboratory during or after processing operation.
- Tests product for density, cracks and stability in accordance to qualifications. Performs retesting after the repairs have been made.
- Consults with supervisors or the necessary individuals involved with the issues and product imperfections inspections to advise when corrections have been made.
- Completes all the required examination and testing and prepares reports.
- Assists the Senior Quality Control Inspector.
- Adheres to organizational policies and procedures, including but not limited to Applus Canada Code of Ethics and Confidentiality Agreements.
- Other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite of products.
- Sound knowledge of industry standards; have the ability to recall, comprehend specific directions, procedures or other relevant information to visual inspections.
- Must have strong vision abilities in peripheral, close, distance, depth perception and adjusting focus.
- Frequent movement of standing, walking and sitting for lengthy periods of time.
- Strong gross and fine motor skills of touch, feel, handle; reaching with fingers, hands and arms.
- Weight requirements of lifting and/or moving objects up to 50lbs on a regular basis.
- Must be able to perform work at heights.
- Firmly adheres to the values and ethics of Applus Canada. Exhibits honesty, discretion, confidentiality, and sound judgment.
- Focused on continuous improvement and committed to learning new practices and developing better ways of doing things.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with demonstrated ability to prioritize, solve problems, and consistently meet deadlines.
- Excellent customer service focus, ability to quickly build strong working relationships with business partners, clients, and colleagues.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills; consistently clear, tactful, and diplomatic.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment and able to manage competing priorities and multi-task with minimal supervision and minimal stress.
- High School Diploma or Canadian General Equivalency Diploma, (GED)
- 1-2 yearsâ€™ experience as a QC Inspector or NDT Technician
- Certified Level 1 Welding Inspector from the Canadian Welding Bureau
- Valid G Class Driverâ€™s License is required.
- Required to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid and dry/arid conditions in temperature extremes and inclement weather.
- Frequently required to use personal protective equipment to prevent exposure to hazardous materials in various working environments.
- Commonly exposed to walking on slippery or uneven surfaces.
- Occasionally required to work in noisy/loud working environments especially on project sites.
- Required to work overtime during the week and weekend depending on project scope and work volume
- Occasional to frequent trave4l will be required within Canada.
- Working conditions will vary between project locations.
- Overtime required during the week and weekend with work volume
- Ability to be flexible with work schedules and respond to requests without advance warning or notification