Key Account Manager
ABB Electrification business (EL) is a leading provider of a full range of protection, control and measurement solutions - enabling safer and smarter electricity flow from substation to the point of consumption. We deliver products and systems designed to connect, protect and control electrical systems, ensuring reliability, efficiency and safety for equipment and personnel. ABB offers products you need to keep the power flowing efficiently and reliably through all of the distribution networks that crisscross the landscape. Our solutions deliver continuous, uninterrupted power as efficiently as possible, reducing maintenance, repair and operational cost wherever possible. Whether systems are overhead or underground, our broad family of electrical solutions enables us to support your design, construction and maintenance requirements economically, reliability and safety. We are your partner in power delivery.The Key Account Manager (KAM) will be strategic, forward thinking and have long term vision. She/He will provide Client Stewardship and will be the face of One ABB to the client. The KAM will liaise with all ABB Business Lines to support their engagement with electrical utility accounts, ensuring that ABB is presented in a coordinated fashion at all times and "making doing business with ABB easy". The KAM will also be responsible for developing and deploying account plans by coordinating with all ABB Business lines to ensure a One ABB strategy with the purpose of growing the accounts in all applicable Business areas. A key metric of success beyond order intake will be the demonstration of sales growth and profitability in all applicable business lines. The KAM will be responsible for ensuring Customer Satisfaction and the quick resolution of issues (from delivery issues to payment collection assistance).
- Meet/Exceed Account Order intake target and business profit objectives
- Understand the client's key business drivers and develop an account plan specifying key actions, relationships, and strategies to grow the business c/w recommended account sales targets.
- Meet with clients and influencers to deliver our One ABB Value proposition as well as understand their challenges to help them achieve their goals
- Develop and maintain strong, long lasting client relationships, also at the managerial and executive level.
- Develop trusted advisor status with the Client.
- Understand the positioning of the different ABB Business Lines or products within the Client's purchasing process.
- Working with all applicable ABB Business lines assist in developing their own growth strategies with the client, by providing insight into the Client's business drivers.
- Assist with Challenging client requests or issues requiring escalation.
- Understand the market and our competitors to develop appropriate action plans
- Create master account plan, including players map and strategy; work with all relevant ABB business to create sub-account plans
- Conduct business reviews with clients
- Lead account cadence meetings and report on the status of the account pipeline, key opportunities issues etc.
- Proficient in using ABB tools such as Salesforce.
- Coordinates frame agreements
- Leads NPS activities
- Education preferred: Relevant engineering degree/diploma and/or Business school or industry experience of minimum 10 to15 years in Electrical & Automation Industry.
- 5 years of experience as a Key Account Manager preferable in the applicable segment.
- Fluent in English (spoken and written) with other languages beneficial.
- Proven track record of 10 to 15 years of Sales Success and/or Marketing Experience.
- Proven track record with developing Strategy, deployment and achieving expected results.
- Proven leader and team builder that can demonstrate a One ABB mindset
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organization including the executive level both internally and externally.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent listening and negotiation skills
- Proven ability to find "win/win" solutions and "close the deal"
- Strong business acumen and Strategic thinker with a "sense of urgency"
- Project management experience
- Willingness to learn
- Motivated, self-starter, able to work independently
- Experience with capture team selling.
- Demonstrated change agent and Team player.
- Proven ability to multitask with multiple accounts while maintaining attention to detail.
- Retirement plan
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
Named to Forbes 2020 list of top 15 employers in Canada, ABB values the dedication, commitment and expertise of our employees. ABB is an Employment Equity Employer and believes in an inclusive and diverse workforce. Committed to ensuring that all policies and practices respect the Employment Equity Program, we aim for our workforce to be truly representative of the four designated groups; women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to applicant with disabilities and encourage applicants to self-identify in the application process.