Our vision is to be the premier landscape maintenance service company in the Okanagan. We are centrally located in Vernon and are the largest entity of its kind in the area. Now we want to ensure we are the best!!
As Team Leader, you have a strong background working with ornamental horticultural landscapes able to manage the work activities for teams of up to 6 people while performing the delivery of services. Our clients will trust you to provide the highest quality services as we promise and you are key in helping us live our values every day.
You are a proactive leader by example and self-starter who can interact with the public and our employees. You have a strong work ethic and are able to manage time effectively to meet deadlines. You have extensive experience in landscaping maintenance and construction and previous supervisory experience, as well as proven communication skills with supervisors, employees, and customers.Specific Responsibilities:
- Manage team of up to 6 people while performing services; motivate, coach, and mentor team
- Primary duties include performing garden maintenance, weed control, mulching, planting, pruning, plant and shrub maintenance
- As needed duties can include landscape duties, such as mowing, fertilizer application, aeration, spring clean-up, fall clean-up, trimming
- Operate a variety of mechanical equipment including but not limited to hedgers, bed edger's, commercial mowers, blowers, dump trailers, line trimmers, and tillers
- Perform landscape enhancement activities such as mulch application, plantings, top soil application, lawn seeding
- Address clients' questions, comments, and concerns
- Prepare daily team performance reports
- Assist with employee recruiting and selection
- Horticulture certificate or extended experience
- One year experience in this or a related field is required
- Previous landscape maintenance supervisory experience
- Current and unrestricted Driver's license with a clean record
- Willingness to work occasional (paid) overtime
- Ability to work in all weather conditions
Benefits package available after one year of continuous employment. Bonus remuneration is earned by achieving personal and company objectives.We are actively interviewing for this position - Apply today and our hiring manager will follow up!
The Grounds Guys LLC is the franchisor of the The Grounds Guys® franchised system. Each The Grounds Guys® franchised location is independently-owned and operated by an independent franchisee performing services. As a service to its independent franchisees, The Grounds Guys LLC lists employment opportunities available throughout the franchised network so those employment opportunities may be conveniently found by interested parties at one central location for brand management purposes only. The Grounds Guys LLC is NOT the employer seeking help. The only employer is the independent franchisee who has listed its available positions on this website.
I acknowledge that each independent The Grounds Guys® franchisee hires and determines the terms and conditions of employment for its own employees. Any employment benefits, compensation and employment practices vary by location. Neither The Grounds Guys LLC (“Franchisor”) nor its affiliates have the power to: (1) hire, fire or modify the employment condition of franchisee’s employees; (2) supervise and control franchisee’s employee work schedule or conditions of employment; (3) determine the rate and method of payment; or (4) accept, review or maintain franchisee employment records. The Grounds Guys LLC is NOT the employer and/or joint employer for: (i) any of the job opportunities listed on this website; (ii) any of the independent franchisees; and, (iii) any of the employees of the independent franchisees.