Lead Hand Electrician
Vancouver Coastal Health
North Vancouver, BC
|Job Title:||Lead Hand Electrician|
|Work Site:||Plant Maintenance, Lions Gate Hospital - North Vancouver, BC|
|Status:||Temporary Full Time|
As soon as possible
|Salary:||$36.76 per hour|
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays
Come work as a Lead Hand Electrician with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Lead Hand Electrician to join the Plant Maintenance team at Lions Gate Hospital in North Vancouver, BC. Apply today to join our team!
As a Lead Hand Electrician with VCH you will:
- Work within a large and complex system and are responsible to support and coordinate the operational activities of the trade area by effectively coordinating and scheduling work orders, and supervising designated staff.
- Identify resource requirements and proactively coordinate all upcoming work to be performed.
- Spend the majority of the time performing skilled Journeyman work as an Electrician.
Education & Experience
Four (4) years’ recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Certificate of Apprenticeship or Trades Qualification Certificate as a Journeyman Electrician recognized by the Province of British Columbia.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Ability to communicate with others both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Ability to supervise.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and drawings.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.