Sofina Foods Inc.
Licensed Industrial Electrician
Location: 5921 Frank St. Mitchell ON
Shift: Monday to Thursday 3PM to 11:30 PM
Friday 8 AM to 4:30 PM
This position is available on the afternoon shift to perform maintenance and repair of all facility and production machinery. The incumbent will be working on projects to improve safety, production, and environment.
Special consideration for applicants who possess an Ontario Certification of Qualifications (442A) or (309A) and a minimum of three (3) years experience in a food manufacturing environment.
The Industrial Electricians' prime responsibility is the maintenance, repair, and continuous improvement of our packaging and process equipment in a safe and efficient manner. The applicant must possess a strong working knowledge of the Ontario Electrical Code. The electrician will report to and provide a daily summary of work to the Maintenance Supervisor/Manager and will be assigned work by the maintenance leadership team as required. The successful applicant may not direct an apprentice on a fulltime basis; however, you may indirectly supervise an apprentice on an infrequent basis.
The duties and responsibilities outlined below are representative but not all inclusive
Licensed Electrician duties are various and different but can be summarized as follows:
- Trouble shoot, diagnose and repair problems as they occur on any equipment in the facility
- Communicate and work in a teamwork environment with other mechanics and electrician
- Work on projects as assigned by the Maintenance and Engineering departments
- Implement preventive maintenance programs
- Other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor, Engineering Manager and/or designate
- Work safely and promote safe environment
- Must work strictly in compliance with all Health & Safety, HACCP, and BRC programs and follow all relevant GMP requirements
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Must have an Industrial electrician (442A) or construction electrician (309A) license
- Refrigeration “B” license is a plus. The candidate may be asked to obtain refrigeration “B” license within 6 months of employment
- Ability to troubleshoot PLC, relay ladder controls, level controls, capacitive and inductive sensors, photo electronics and AC/DC variable drives
- Knowledge of pneumatic and hydraulic and power transmissions system
- Allen Bradley and Telemecanique PLC experience is essential
- Aptitude for quick trouble shooting and diagnosis of problems with machinery, systems, and facilities
- Industrial plant maintenance experience
- Must be willing and able to lift and or move materials
- Must be able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Highly organized and multitask oriented
- Experience in a computerized environment, PLC and automated equipment
- Experience in a food plant
- 3 – 5 years experience as a licensed electrician
- This position requires physical effort 30% to 40% of the time entails lifting and moving heavy equipment.
- The work environment is wet, damp and refrigerated 50 degrees F or less. Warm clothing is required.
- The noise level may exceed 90 decibels. Hearing protection, head protection and eye protection are mandatory.
- The use of safety boots and safety glasses is mandatory. The wearing of prescribed clothing, hair net and
- beard net are mandatory.
- Work in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act. The incumbent is responsible to work in a safe manner and report all events causing personal injury and/or structural damage as well as any unsafe and/or unhealthy conditions immediately to his/her manager. Incumbent must comply with Sofinas’ Health & Safety Policy, which includes H&S Rules, Procedures and Guidelines. Failure to do so will result in disciplinary action up to and including dismissal.
Build your career, apply today!
To apply for this career opportunity please contact or forward your resume to Julie Cooke in the Human Resources Department e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org