LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE
LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE
RESOLUTION, WELLNESS, AND ACCESSIBILITY
NorQuesters are difference makers and weâ€™re searching for someone dedicated to making a difference to join our Centre for Growth and Harmony Student Health & Wellness team as a Licensed Practical Nurse. The successful candidate will thrive in showcasing our values of being compassionate and dependable as they support the NorQuest student community.
You will be responsible for identifying and responding to medical emergencies on campus, providing medical and lifestyle support, health information and community referrals for students. Working with the Wellness team of professionals, you will develop, coordinate, and deliver student health educational programs. Youâ€™ll also work with the students in our health programs by reviewing immunization documentation and providing health counselling to support clinical placement immunization requirements are met.
How youâ€™ll make a difference
- Student Health Education Program: develop, coordinate, and deliver an initiative intended to provide medical and support/information to students. This program provides information and support proactively, on a wide variety of health-related topics.
- Immunization Review: Work closely with program areas to collaborate on the review of student immunization records to determine if they have the requisite immunizations to attend clinical placements. Provide advice to students regarding incomplete records. Educate students about immunizations, provide protective practice procedure education and answer related questions, as required.
- Liaise with Internal and External Stakeholders: establish relationships with other NorQuest College staff and faculty to ensure the Centre for Growth and Harmony Health Services are meeting their needs. Establish and maintain a network of contacts in the community to assist with appropriate community referrals.
- Collaborate with other health care professionals including Wellness Coordinator, Psychologists and Social Workers.
- Contribute to area projects as required.
- Provide emergency care and first aid to staff/ faculty within the college.
- Maintenance of the Health services area
What you bring
- A Diploma in Licensed Practical Nurse
- Current registration with the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Alberta
- 3-5 years of experience in a community health setting, specifically with experience in health education promotion.
- Demonstrated ability to respond to emergency medical situations in a community setting
- Current CPR and First Aid
- A Police Information Check within the last ninety days
- A Vulnerable Sectors Check within the last ninety days
- Up to date immunization records
What makes you a Difference Maker?
- Experience developing and delivering a health education program
- Experience reviewing immunization records an asset
- Experience participating on a multidisciplinary team
- Experience establishing/maintaining a network of contacts with community resources
- Experience and comfot navigating online and computer-based processes
- Demonstrated ability to attend to a medical emergency independently
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively, in both verbal and written formats
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work in a fast-pace environment
- Independent, organized, and detail-oriented
- Communicates with a high level of professionalism, discretion, and courtesy
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with people who are culturally diverse
- Proven ability to create an inclusive working environment with a diverse group of people
SALARY: $52,573 - $68,302 reflective upon what you bring. AKA your education and experience. Plus, immediate access to our great pension and benefit programs.
In our ongoing commitment to keep all NorQuest employees safe, our campus and work environments have a full COVID-19 vaccination mandate in place. Ensuring that all NorQuest employees are fully vaccinated is an approach to health and safety that is best suited for the learning, working, and living environments of our college.
NorQuest College offers flexible work options that include working on campus, working from anywhere or a blend of both!
COMPETITION NUMBER: 2021-3167
CLOSING DATE: October 5, 2021
Apply to become a NorQuester: If this opportunity delights you and your expertise will shine in this role, we invite you to apply for this position online by uploading your resume and cover letter combined as one document.
Psst: Only candidates shortlisted for an interview will be contacted and weâ€™ll make sure to do this within 28 days of the closing date.
Difference Makers. If we were to describe what NorQuest College is, weâ€™d say these two words. We are so fundamentally driven in our mission to make a difference to our students, our community, and to our fellow NorQuesters, that it guides what we do, who we meet, and where we are headed.
So how do we make differences?
- We empower NorQuesters. When it comes to working, itâ€™s up to you to decide where (on campus or from another location) and how you work. NorQuesters are expected to embody our Qsâ€”lead from where you are, be dependable, find ways forwardâ€”to name a few, but how you do that is your choice!
- We unlock potential. Whether its newcomers to Canada who want to improve their English, students who want to complete their academic upgrading, learners pursuing post-secondary education, or anyone who wishes to strengthen their skills through professional development, our passion to educate touches people of all levels and all backgrounds.
- We strengthen Alberta. From our graduates who hit the ground running, to our partnerships with government, industry, and business, to our commitment to communities, including a dedicated focus on Indigenous communities, we contribute to our province and make it stronger. We strive to be an employer of choice for First Nations, Metis and Inuit people in Canada by leading, supporting, and being an ally through our work toward decolonization, reconciliation, and Indigenization.
And thatâ€™s a snapshot of how we are Difference Makers. But thereâ€™s so much more to us and we invite you to explore further!