Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)(Casual)
Seasons Retirement Communities
Casual (Days/Evenings/Nights) with the potential of becoming permanent
Starting wage - $26.34/hour
Seasons Retirement Communities, Camrose
6821 - 50th Avenue, Camrose, AB, T4V 5G5
Our Mission to You:
As a certified Great Place to WorkÂ®, Seasons believes that every single team member plays an important role in the overall happiness of our residents. We foster a culture of growth and support for our committed team members and offer opportunities for personal and professional development to advance a rewarding career in the seniors housing sector.
What We Look For:
Seasons looks for individuals who are enthusiastic about making a positive difference in the life of another person. We hire individuals who are committed to building meaningful relationships and strive for service excellence so our residents can be proud to call Seasons their home. Keen attention to details, going the extra mile and putting a little â€œwowâ€ into everything we do is the Seasons way!
Your Job: Weâ€™re looking for a Licensed Practical Nurse to act as a Supervisor providing the highest standard of care services at Seasons. This role will assist in maintaining a safe and secure environment for residents, their familiesâ€™ and other staff members while mentoring and providing direction and education to our care staff and other team membersâ€™.
- Effectively utilizing the nursing process to provide high quality nursing care to residents
- Supervisory duties including ensuring excellent care services to Seasonsâ€™ residents and providing mentoring/education/guidance to the care team on an ongoing basis
- Assessments of residents moving into Seasons community and following up with residents throughout the transition to community (30 days after move in, annually and with any significant change as per CCHSS)
- Establish priorities based on individual resident needs
- Providing Person Centre Service Plans (PCC)
- Ensuring compliance with Resident Assessments/Service Plans (PCC) and follows community specific policies, procedures and Alberta Health Services (AHS) regulations
- Risk management by adhering to thorough monthly care related audits
- Medication administration (PCC knowledge an asset)
Qualifications or Skills Required:
- Covid-19 vaccination is mandatory
- Current Registered Nurse License in good standing with CLPNA
- Current First Aid and CPR certification
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be prepared to respond to emergency situations
- Experience working with seniors in a retirement or long-term care facility environment is considered an asset
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills in relation to both residents and care staff
- Point-Click-Care (PCC) knowledge is considered an asset
Why Should You Apply?
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. As a condition of employment, a Criminal Record Search which may include a vulnerable sector screen, will be required.
Seasons Retirement Communities (â€œSeasonsâ€) is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. In accordance with Seasonâ€™s Accessibility Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of Seasonâ€™s hiring process.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Note during COVID-19: At the outset of the COVID-19 situation in Canada, Seasons Retirement Communities implemented heightened precautionary protocols in all of our homes. We continue to follow the advice of provincial and federal governments, our sector regulators and local Public Health agencies. Job responsibilities are being reviewed and adjusted accordingly to ensure the well-being of the successful candidate.
Powered by JazzHR