Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (Part-time)
Medicentres Canada Inc.
Location: South Trail, Calgary
Medicentres is a growing network of professionally managed healthcare clinics dedicated to providing accessible healthcare to patients across Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, and Ontario. Regardless of your role, you are an integral part of our customer-first team and are guaranteed to make an impact on the lives of Canadians. By choosing to belong to Medicentres, you will join a team of passionate, like-minded people enjoying a challenging and rewarding career in the ever-changing health care industry. It starts with you. That's a simple sentence but it says a lot. It reminds each one of us that what we do matters.
Reporting to the Clinic Manager, the Licensed Practical Nurse is responsible for providing exceptional customer service to our patients and physicians and executing on the organization's strategic objectives as it relates to clinic operations and patient care.
- Greeting and registering patients
- Initiating forms, creating billings and collecting payment for uninsured services
- Escorting patients to exam rooms and preparing patients for physician
- Setting up and assisting with minor surgical procedures, pelvic examinations/IUD's
- Performing diagnostic testing as ordered by the physician including but not limited to urinalysis, simple blood glucose testing, pregnancy testing
- Performs a variety of care interventions and medical procedures as permitted by the physician, within the designated scope of practice
- Aware of the organization's core purpose and core values and performing to these Core Values on an ongoing basis
- Accurately charting any medical procedures or interventions performed in the patient chart
- Follows standards of cleanliness and safety
- Scheduling and notifying patients of appointments
- Scanning patient documents as required
- Opening mail, receiving faxes and distributing appropriately
- Completing daily, weekly and monthly chore lists
- Participating in the training and orientation of new medical staff and students
- Understands physician profiles and executes on requests in order to properly support physicians
- Actively participates in company initiatives
- Performs other duties assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A two (2) year diploma from an accredited institution
- Current registration and in good standing with the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Alberta
- Minimum of one (1) year customer service experience
- Experience with Med Access software is preferred
- Excellent communication, listening and problem-solving skills
- Excellent clinical, customer service and organizational skills
- Strong computer skills including Excel
- CPR and immunization
- Ability to handle confidential information in compliance with the Health Information Act
Information for Applicants:
- We appreciate your interest in working with us; however, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Final candidates for this position may be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check.
To learn more about us, visit www.medicentres.com
Powered by JazzHR