Licensed Practical Nurse - Team Lead
The Journey Club within Westman Village offers luxury retirement living, including Independent Living , Private Assisted Living and Memory Care. The number one priority of Journey Club is to help residents live the highest quality of life. Residents choose the lifestyle that is right for them today, and when their needs change, Journey Club will continue to offer a luxury and fulfilling experience through a flexible array of service offerings, including enhanced care and support.
The Journey Club has partnered with Asura Health to provide strategy and oversight of Care and Services at the Journey Club. With a focus on innovation, customer service and quality, Asura consistently delivers best in class hospitality and care to every resident. Residents benefit from services that emphasize a long-standing tradition of combining research, improvement and customer service with nursing care. Asura manages multiple senior living and memory care communities across Alberta. Recognized for a leading approach to programming in seniors' wellness, assisted living, home care, private care and therapeutic recreation, there are extensive options for every resident. A commitment to excellence is what makes Asura Health a recognized leader in luxury Seniors' Living.
It takes a special kind of person to work at the Journey Club. We look for people who have a passion for engaging with older adults. People who have a real commitment to treating residents with the respect, honor and dignity they deserve. People with the experience, and expertise, to help residents live the lives they envision for themselves. If making a difference in people's lives is one of the things that make you tick, then you are the right fit for us.
We are currently seeking a Licensed Practical Nurse - Team Lead to join our team at the Journey Club in the prestigious, active and vibrant community of Westman Village in Calgary, AB.
Reporting into the Wellness Navigator, this position is responsible for the delivery of private care and services. This position is accountable for the management and provision of resident care utilizing nursing processes within the standards, policies, procedures and guidelines of the Journey Club.
Delivers resident-focused care within full scope of practice of a LPN, in a home-like environment, respecting the individuality and dignity of each resident/family and co-workers including the completion of the following duties:
- Responsible for regular and ongoing communication to team members to ensure they are well informed about current activities, resident status, changes in assignments and daily routines.
- Responsible for supervising and providing leadership to LPN and HCA teams to ensure quality care standards are met.
- Partner with Wellness Navigator to ensure effective employee relations, conflict resolution and action plans as required.
- Provides leadership or assistance as required in emergency situations.
- Partner with Wellness Navigator to ensure all requirements are met, audits completed and effective and thorough follow up.
- Practice to their full range of competence within applicable legislation, regulations, bylaws and employer policies.
- Responsible for Multi-disciplinary Rounds, this includes Physician, pharmacy and nursing round. This will be at the discretion of Wellness Navigator.
The core competencies of the Team Lead's role consist of the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
Minimum Educational/Experience Requirements
- Licensed Practical Nurse, experience in gerontology preferred.
- Current membership in good standing with CLPNA.
- CPR/BCLS for healthcare provider required.
- Minimum 1-2 years experience in a leadership or charge role capacity.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated skills in leadership, communication, teamwork, concern resolution process and customer service.
- Strong organizational and computer skills are required in this position.
- Ability to problem solve through critical thinking and self-education.
- Enthusiastic attitude and energy to provide excellent care and service on behalf of the company.
- Ability to self-initiate and also work well as a team member.
- Compassionate, courteous and respectful.
- Maintain high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Awareness of accident and injury prevention, hazard identification and control; adherence to safe work practices and procedures is essential in this position.
- Demonstrated knowledge and commitment to person-centered care.
- Maintain a professional, but functional, appearance in dress and grooming.
- Maintain high standards of cleanliness and personal hygiene.
- Must provide a complete and current (within six months) Vulnerable Sector Check (including a Criminal Background Check) or be willing to obtain one.
The Journey Club offers an exceptional workplace with a competitive compensation package and opportunity for career growth. We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.