Licensed Practical Nurse - Villa Marie
Red Deer, CA
This is a temporary position ending on or before May 31, 2022.
About the Organization:
Covenant Care is a non-profit partner in Albertaâ€™s integrated health system serving seniors of all faiths and backgrounds. We are committed to innovative approaches to support seniors in a caring community where they can thrive.
Covenant Careâ€™s communities are Holy Cross Manor, St. Marguerite Manor, and St. Teresa Place in Calgary, Villa Marie in Red Deer, Centre de SantÃ© Saint-Thomas in Edmonton, Foyer Lacombe in St. Albert, and Chateau Vitaline in Beaumont.
Covenant Care welcomes all those who serve those most in need.
We are called to continue the healing ministry of Jesus by serving with compassion, upholding the sacredness of life in all stages, and caring for the whole person- body, mind and soul. The position of Licensed Practical Nurse will commit to incorporate our mission, vision, and our values, which are Compassion, Collaboration, Respect, Social Justice, Integrity and Stewardship, and uphold our ethical traditions as foundational aspects in all actions and decision-making.
Reporting to the Resident Care Supervisors and the Site Lead, the Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) is responsible for managing the day-to-day delivery of care to residents by motivating and empowering the team. The LPN works cohesively with members of the interdisciplinary team to ensure the nursing process (assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation) is individualized and ongoing, such that changing needs of residents are addressed and met. This is a leadership role requiring skills as a resident advocate, facilitator, change agent, educator and manager of resources. Licensed Practical Nurses are expected to be adaptable to frequent changes in daily routine, workload, and shifts while preserving the residentâ€™s dignity and self worth during interactions. As a member of the care team, and in accordance with Covenant Careâ€™s Mission, Vision, and Values, the successful candidate must exhibit an open and sincere approach to relating to people by demonstrating respect and compassion for everyone equally.
- Completion of a recognized Licensed Practical Nurses program required
- Currently registered as a Licensed Practical Nurse with the CLPNA
- BLS (Level C) Health Care Provider certification required
- 5 years of Licensed Practical Nurse Experience Required
- 1 year of experience in an supportive Living facility required
- Strong interpersonal relationship and communication skills and Able to utilize professional judgement
- Strong assessment skills and Computer skills an asset
- In compliance with AHS policy, proof of completion of vaccination (second vaccine) by no later than October 16, 2021 in order to meet the October 31, 2021 requirement.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All employees new to Covenant Care must provide a criminal records check, including vulnerable sector search.
Covenant Care is committed to an inclusive work environment and encourages all qualified individuals to apply.
We thank you in advance for applying with Covenant Care.