Lighting Division Sales Manager / Eastern Canada
ABB's Electrification Global Markets organization is responsible for the go-to-market strategy in 100+ countries where the Electrification Business Area operates. Our 10,000 sales & marketing employees connect our customers and partners to our innovative portfolio of products, services and solutions. Our domain expertise and global footprint enable us to support our customers with solutions that address their current needs, while anticipating how emerging trends such as urbanization, digitalization and the shift to sustainable energy will impact their future needs.This Leadership Position Primary Objective is to Meet/Exceed the Business Targets and their associated Key Performance Indicators defined by the VP Sales I&E, Regional Sales Managers the National Lighting Project Manager. The Regional Lighting Specialist executes strategies jointly formulated between the VPs of sales, and the Regional Sales Manager. This position is responsible to grow the regional lighting business though the management of the Regional Lighting Agents and distribution as well as to drive and grow the Lighting business in each region.The successful candidate will work in constant collaboration with the National Lighting Project Manager, defining strategy and commercial deployment in each sales region. The Regional Lighting Specialist will work with regional C&C sales teams targeting specific segments, vertical markets and customers to grow topline sales.The candidate will be required to act as a liaison between the Lighting plant, the agents and our C&C sales reps, to ensure proper launch of new products and deployment of special promotions.
- Meets or Exceeds Sales Targets and its associated Key Performance Indicators;
- Develop, Deploy, Executes & Monitor Commercial Plan jointly formulated with the VP RS, VP I&E BD and the Regional Sales Manager;
- Manage Regional Sales agents, including:
- Agent paperwork and certification
- Agent commissions
- Negotiate agent yearly incentives
- Deployment of Digital sales tool - Shield
- Approval of special quotes (projects)
- Quarterly Reviews
- Assist the National Lighting Project manager in identifying key steps in the transformation of our Lighting business from current state to future state;
- Become the Lighting Products and Equipment Sales Expert supporting regional needs and inside sales;
- Work as the Liaison between the plant and the Lighting agents in the launch of new products and solutions
- Identify business opportunities, log these opportunities in ABB SFdC CRM, and maintain the opportunity pipeline by following precisely the Customer Procurement Process (CPP) for each customer in its portfolio.
- Formulate Unique Value Proposal which will enable the proper Spec & Win Vs Quote & Hope
- Education preferred: Electrical engineering degree or Certified Electrical Technician (C.E.T.) or relevant curriculum such as, but not limited to, Master electrician;
- At least 10 years of working experience with Lighting and projects:
- At least 5 to 10 years of experience in sales with specific accomplishment of securing major projects, covering large End Users, Commercial Consultants and Industrial EPC's;
- Good understanding of the customers' problems, needs, challenges and technology, industry-specific knowledge preferred;
- Good insights on competitive landscape, competitors' offering, and competitors' go-to-market model;
- Good capacity to listen with analytical and technical skills;
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills with great negotiation and influencing skills
- Autonomous, entrepreneurial & team spirit.
- 3 - 5 years of experience of strategic account management
- Ability to lead a team, set targets and delegate to execute on strategy
- Recognized IES certification is an advantage
- Retirement plan
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
Named to Forbes 2020 list of top 15 employers in Canada, ABB values the dedication, commitment and expertise of our employees. ABB is an Employment Equity Employer and believes in an inclusive and diverse workforce. Committed to ensuring that all policies and practices respect the Employment Equity Program, we aim for our workforce to be truly representative of the four designated groups; women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to applicant with disabilities and encourage applicants to self-identify in the application process.