At EVRAZ, our strength starts with our people! As a team we collaborate to solve problems, contribute ideas and challenge each other to ensure growth and ultimately success for the business and our employees.
Job Description and Responsibilities
General Scrap has an immediate opening for a Loader Operator at our Winnipeg location. In this role you will be responsible for running equipment and dealing with our customers. We are looking for a safety-oriented person who is comfortable working in all weather conditions.
- Practice all company, safety and environmental rules and policies
- Conduct pre-use inspections on loader-Report and issues
- Preform light mechanical repairs and troubleshoot equipment failure
- Change attachments on equipment
- Move rail cars
- Move fuel to equipment locations
- Move scrap and other materials and from the shredder to the DSS for processing
- Off load customer's vehicles
- Clean out cyclones at the end of the shift
- Inspect incoming scrap for fuel sources (propane tanks/fuel in the tank)
- Watch for fires on piles while driving around the yard
- Notify appropriate personnel of any procedural abnormalities
- Keeps work area clean and orderly, execute and assist in daily cleaning tasks
- Completion of High School or GED equivalent
- Minimum 6 months of experience operating an loader or similar heavy motorized equipment
- Strong communication skills – communicates clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, and over mobile radio devices.
- Strong work ethic – uses time efficiently, works safely, and ensure everyone around him/her is working safely
- Excellent judgment as it pertains to the operation of powered heavy equipment
- Manual skill and comfort operating controls to control movement of machine
- Responsible for mechanically handling and transporting material in a safe manner, free from defect and damage
- Operates loader responsibly and carefully, making sure that there is no risk of injury to employees, and showing care for the equipment and property
- Strong attention to detail with close visual attention for sustained/long periods of time
- Safety conscious and orientated
- Comfortable working in all types of variable weather conditions
Our total compensation package includes amazing benefits!
- Competitive wages and bonus opportunities
- Family medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage at minimal employee cost
- Short and long term disability programs
- Competitive retirement plans
- Paid vacations and statutory holidays
- Apprenticeship and career advancement within the company
- Tuition reimbursement
All applicants must be eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship.
While we thank all those who apply, only those being actively considered for employment will be contacted.
Join a team that manufactures excellence, drives success and builds careers!