Logistics & Customs Coordinator (Cambridge, ON, CA)
BWXT Canada Ltd. is a world leader in design, engineering, manufacture, construction and service of nuclear power generation equipment. As a supplier of innovative, high-quality nuclear components and services we cater to a worldwide customer base. We take great pride in supplying highly engineered solutions that allow our customers to compete within the complex nuclear power generation industry.
Support the business with coordinating logistics and customs responsibilities in a timely fashion. Monitor and record activities to ensure timely completion and successful outcomes.
Approving Broker Invoices:
- Assign charge number for payment
- Verify Entries
- Validate CBSA’s B3 (Canada Customs’ Accounting Coding Form) and US Customs and Border Protections’ 7501 (Entry Summary) and 3461, with any errors given to the customs broker for correction.
- File all customs documents electronically.
Broker Requests for Information:
- Verify that information on the Commercial invoice from vendors/customers/contractors is correct.
- Provide to broker with the Harmonized Code for product that is appropriate for the country that it is entering.
- Provide broker with Purchase Order or charge number to vendor.
- Verify if entry is eligible for a preferential treatment under any Free Trade Agreement.
- Determine if code 9945 applies for Canadian entries.
- Record Request for monthly activity report.
Free Trade Agreements:
- Verify that Free Trade Agreement certificates are filled in correctly and request corrections of suppliers if incorrect.
- Request Blanket CUSMA Certificate from North American Suppliers for all Canadian businesses.
- Provide to Broker with copies of CUSMA blanket certificates.
- Keep track of CUSMA Blanket Certificates.
- When required, and under the direction and oversight from the Transportation & Office Services Manager and/or Transportation Contract Manager, assist in the preparation of transportation and customs documentation to facilitate the delivery of finished goods.
- Prepare required transportation and customs documentation to facilitate the delivery of non-hazardous, non-finished goods shipments to support facility operations under oversight from the Transportation & Office Services Manager and/or Transportation Contract Manager.
- Audit and approve transportation services invoices and ensure application of the appropriate contract charge.
- Assist in finding the root cause of late payments with freight payment center.
- Track & Trace shipments when required and report back to internal customers.
- Filing of transportation documents.
- Ensure adequate levels of required departmental supplies are maintained.
- When required, provide assistance to the Office Services Coordinator.
- CCS (Certified Customs Specialist) certification required.
- 3 to 5 years of related experience preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of INCO terms.
- Practical knowledge of International Customs and Trade Regulations.
- Understanding of procedures pertinent to transportation and INCO terms as well as cargo insurance.
- Computer software proficiency (MS Word, Excel, Access, Outlook).
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Must be capable of working effectively independently as well as part of a team.
- Strong time management, organizational and planning skills.
- Able to consistently apply attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
WHY JOIN BWXT?:
- Competitive salaries
- Employer-paid pension plan
- Profit sharing plan
- Bonus plan
- Excellent Health and Dental benefits
- Educational Refund Program
- Flexible working hours
- Optional compressed work week schedule (provides you with every other Friday off!)
- Life insurance… and so much more!
Want to work in an inclusive and collaborative environment? Come join us… we’ve been waiting for you.
We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
BWXT Canada is committed to fostering an accessible, fair, and inclusive environment where all employees are able to access goods while being respected and supported. If you require accommodations during the application or interview process, please advise us as soon as possible so appropriate arrangements can be made. If you require information in a format that is accessible to you, please contact Human Resources.
BWXT Canada Ltd. embraces diversity of thought, values individuality, encourages new perspectives and provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability, or any other category protected by provincial law.