30+ days ago
We are a premier North American bakery company and we’ve been in business for 135 years. Our team is passionate about baking the foods your family and friends love to eat, including breads and rolls, donuts, pies, cakes, cookies and more!
Weston Foods proudly serves communities through our ~35 bakeries across North America, and every day, our team strives to elevate moments for our customers and your loved ones by producing high quality baked goods.
Our bakery team is the heart of our company and plays an important role in keeping North America’s food supply going. Our machine operators are essential to our success, and ensure our production equipment is operating smoothly to produce delicious, premier baked goods for our customers.
We are not just a job, we are an extended family, committed to elevating everyday moments and feeding communities and families across the country. Join us, and find fulfillment and purpose in your work.
Our Brampton facility located at 379 Orenda Rd, Brampton ON L6T 1G6 is now hiring for Machine Operators who are flexible to work in all shifts.
· Demonstrate understanding and application of Health & Safety policies, including recognition and reporting of potential hazards and/or violations.
· Ensure a food safe work environment, including recognition and reporting of non-conformities.
· Ensure proper supply levels of required resources for continuous production.
· Maintain a clean and sanitary work environment.
· Operate equipment as required for continuous production.
· Complete assigned tasks during production and changeovers, including assisting in setup and teardown/sanitation of equipment.
· Initiates effective usage of idle time (If-Down-Do).
· Communicate effectively to maintain a productive and positive team environment.
· Demonstrate active involvement during investigations.
· Demonstrate active participation in required training, including the training of others.
· Any other duties as assigned by Lead Hand or Front Line Leadership Team.
Duties (including, but not limited to):
· Maintain sufficient supply levels of materials and resources for continuous production.
· Loading, unloading, and transportation of materials.
· Preparing required materials for continuous production.
· Operating and maintaining equipment.
· Ensure sufficient supply levels prior to departure from job/location.
· Assist in relieving other employees (including other classifications).
Required Skills & Abilities:
Must be flexible to work all shifts (days, afternoons, nights) including weekends as required.
Hourly Rate: $17.45 + shift premiums + benefits.