Maintenance Shift Leader (Nights)
Weâ€™re a naan traditional companyâ€¦
What is the recipe for a great career at FGF?
Working at FGF Brands, there is never a dull moment! As a successful company that is continually growing there is always challenging yet rewarding work to be a part of. We have an entrepreneurial spirit which encourages all our team members to use their own creativity and out of the box thinking to come up with solutions and new ideas.
Letâ€™s be frank. FGF is not for everybody. Our culture is unique. We dive headfirst into the unknown. If youâ€™re fun-loving, talented and fearless, weâ€™re for you.
What FGF Offers:
- Disruptive and a naan-traditional mindset
- An inclusive and dynamic culture
- Accelerated career progression
- Commitment to learning and development
- Opportunity to be impactful
- Competitive compensation
Maintenance Shift Leader
At facilities installed, the Maintenance Shift Leader will be responsible for the day to day activities of the Shift Mechanics. Reporting to the Site Maintenance Leader, you will support and improve maintenance operations by becoming the technical expert on all the production equipment for your site. You will be required to troubleshoot and repair equipment, and lead by example.
- Understands and fulfills the duties of a leader of the following programs within the production area: Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPâ€™s), All food safety programs, All health & safety program, All FGF safety programs
- Works very closely with all operations departments to provide immediate timely support in order to ensure operational targets are met
- Trains; coaches; guides and mentors existing, as well as new Maintenance TMs
- Ensures that troubleshooting and repair is accomplished in a safe and efficient manner
- Completes maintenance related projects as required
- Ensures that Preventative and Predictive Maintenance programs are executed as scheduled
- Recommends additional training for shift mechanics as needed
- Collaborates with Maintenance Coordinator to ensure supplies of required tools, parts and labour are available for timely repairs
- Promotes and supports Continuous Improvement activities in Manufacturing
- Maintenance Team â€“ Equipment â€“ recommends additional training for Shift Mechanics as needed, maintain training records
- Equipment PM (Preventive Maintenance) â€“ responsible for training maintenance team in how to maintain equipment in safe working condition, lubricating necessary parts, changing worn out or damaged parts
- Equipment (Production) â€“ training the maintenance team on setting up the equipment on the line for production
- Shop House Keeping â€“ responsible for mechanics maintaining the maintenance shop and tool box organized and clean
- Filling Out Shift Report â€“ training/responsible for mechanics filing out the shift report during shift
- Ordering Parts â€“ responsible for ordering parts on QMS to help maintain shop inventory and for scheduled repairs
- Report to Ops team (site leader, operation leader, shift leader, Q.A., Engineering) on any plant/equipment issues
- Is the contact person for Engineering support on the shift
- Conducts daily huddles with Maintenance TMs
- Minimum 3 to 4 yearsâ€™ working in a manufacturing environment with a proven track record of prior leadership expertise
- Must be on a demonstrated leader who easily interacts with others and is adept at leading/motivating a team to meet schedule demands
- Must have excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication skills, along with simple mathematical abilities
- Ability to manage difficult people
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Flexibility to work days, afternoons, nights & weekends if needed
- Licensed Millwright 433A and or Electrician 442A preferred
- Experience with maintenance systems and computer programs (MS Office; Excel; Outlook)
- Passionate about mechanical repair
- Post-secondary education an asset
Weâ€™re foodies and our passion is baked inâ€¦
- Customer and Product Centricity â€“ You are always keeping our products front and center.
- Flexibility, Agility, Adaptability â€“ You embrace speed, change and uncertainty.
- Team Work and Collaboration â€“ You are a relationship builder.
- Passion for Excellence â€“ You look for innovative solutions and challenges the status quo.
- Drives Execution â€“ You are a risk taker!
Follow us on LinkedIn Follow us on Glassdoor Follow us on Instagram
Disclaimer: The above describes the general responsibilities, required knowledge and skills. Please keep in mind that other duties may be added, or this description may be amended at any time.