Manager, Contracts & Performance
Community Care Access Centre
At Home and Community Care Support Services Toronto Central by providing an accessible workplace, we want all of our employees to feel valued, appreciated, and free to be who they are at work. That is why we are intentionally committed to diversity and inclusion by providing an accessible and inclusive work place for all persons. We are strongly committed to include Black, Indigenous, visible minorities, Francophone, 2SLGBTQ+ persons, neurodiversity, women, national origin, ancestry, disability status, age, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, all faiths, or any other aspect, which makes them unique, through recognizing each applicant through anti-racism and anti-oppressive practices to ensure equitable opportunity.
Reporting to the Director, Finance, Performance & Analytics, this position is responsible for the ongoing monitoring, trending, analysis and management of contract performance for all client services contracts. The Manager, Contracts & Performance will monitor quality and performance standards of Service Provider Organizations (“SPO’s”) through continuous analysis of data from BI Analytics within Home and Community Care Support Services Toronto Central and from SPO’s.
The incumbent works with the Senior Consultant, Performance Management to administer contracts, manage and escalate risks/issues, and monitor full system performance. The Manager, Contracts & Performance provides operational management of SPO contracts to ensure quality client-focused care; and Home and Community Care Support Services Toronto Central and SPO compliance with legal and contractual obligations.
- Provides subject matter expertise and advice on performance management of SPO contracts, and health system performance
- Monitors SPO performance based on the terms and conditions of the contracts as well as provincial and Home and Community Care Support Services quality standards.
- Ensures SPO compliance with performance standards and works effectively with SPO to meet targets, resolve disputes, and facilitate improvement.
- Analyzes quarterly SPO performance indicator submissions, trends the data, and prepares performance reports as required.
- Initiates and ensures a successful resolution to corrective action plans.
- In conjunction with the Director, Finance, Performance & Analytics, ensures resolution of significant compliance events or high impact issues.
- Participates in preparation of annual/multi-year performance management work plans
- Collaborates with Client Service Managers regarding performance monitoring and improvement issues, face-to-face SPO meetings and improvement initiatives.
- Ensures SPO reports and all other required documentation under the contract is in good standing.
- Leads the RFP process as required, including procurement planning, consultation with service providers and evaluation of proposals, and assures the efficiency, timelines, and integrity of the organization’s procurement and contract management processes.
- Manages the contract implications for an effective transition of new and terminating contracts.
- Consults with and acts as a resource to Client Service Managers for ongoing interpretation and advice regarding client service contracts.
- Monitors service demand and manages contract volumes and market share for each service type.
- Provides contract expertise and interpretation to Home and Community Care Support Services Toronto Central staff and service providers to ensure policy and contract compliance and guidance on Home and Community Care Support Services service provider contract issues.
- Participates on intra and inter-agency committees related to contract monitoring, service provider relationships and performance
- Provides support and leadership to Client Service projects involving SPO’s.
- Establishes and maintains effective internal and external relationships.
- Maintains positive working relationships with all SPO’s including acting as the main point of contact between Home and Community Care Support Services Toronto Central and SPO staff related to contractual issues.
- Manages the team including: hiring, orienting and training of staff, determination of performance standards and conduct of performance reviews, and managing a broad range of employee relations matters.
- Models the principles of diversity and inclusion, and communicates and reinforces these principles with staff.
- University Degree (preferably Master’s level) in related area such as Health Administration or Business Administration, or equivalent work experience in the procurement/contract management field.
- Minimum of five (5) years related experience; working with complex service-delivery contracts is an asset.
- Demonstrated knowledge of concepts, leading practices and procedures in the contract management and procurement processes, ideally in the Home and Community Care Support Services sector or broader health care industry.
- Strong knowledgeof performance management and evaluation techniques in one or more health care sectors related to administrative and/or clinical performance
- Expert strategic and proactive leadership and presence.
- Demonstrated capacity to identify and respond quickly to emerging issues and priorities
- Demonstrated experience with operational decision-making related to performance management
- Proven track record of successfully resolving contract performance issues.
- Strong understanding of the Home and Community Care Support Services Toronto Central’s stakeholders and programs, client service delivery frameworks and methods, and overall issues and priorities within the health care sector and their impact on performance management.
- Demonstrated excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills with superior conflict resolution and negotiation capabilities.
- Ability to use MS Office applications (e.g., Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.)
- Bilingual (French and English) oral and written communications skills are an asset.
Interested applicants are encouraged tosubmit an applicationbefore 4:30pm on July 9, 2021.
We offer competitive salary and employee benefits, including pension contributions with HOOPP.
Home and Community Care Support Services Toronto Central is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise Human Resources during the recruitment process