Intertek Testing Services NA Ltd
THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN BRITISH COLUMBIA - AT KITIMAT SITE.
Accepting candidates from all over Canada who are willing to travel to Kitimat.
Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices with over 43,000 people in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection, and Certification solutions for our customers’ operations and supply chains. Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise, delivered consistently with precision, pace, and passion, enables our customers to power ahead safely.
Intertek’s Industry Services team provides technical solutions that help customers maximize operational efficiency, ensure asset reliability, improve quality, and minimize safety risks. Some of our many service areas include inspection, non-destructive and materials testing, technical training, engineering, surveying, QA/QC, and supplier auditing.
- Witness and monitor suppliers / contractors work activities, inspection and test in accordance with the approved Quality Plan, ITP, Quality Procedures etc.
- Oversee inspection of mechanical equipment, piping, structure and welding activities conducted at shops and construction sites.
- Oversee EPC and various sub-contractors at site.
- Witness / Participate Equipment Receiving Inspection at construction site to identify damage or deficiencies of packages coming direct from vendors and Modular Yards. Ensure shipping and packaging procedure has been followed as per specification
- Verify CRN requirements and ensure that local, provincial, and fed Canadian laws, regulations, standards and codes that apply to the equipment and services are strictly followed.
- Witness in-process inspections per ITP and Inspection Requests to ensure work proceeds in accordance to specifications, the approved drawings and procedures.
- Inspector with 10 years of minimum experience in mechanical equipment, and consistent background in construction site work.
- Required to have at least 1 valid inspection certification: CWI or CWB level 2 or API or CSWIP 3.1 as a minimum.
- Have knowledge of industrial codes and standards (AWS D1.1, ASME B31.3, ASME B 31.1, ASME Section I, V, VIII, ISO 9001, API, CSA and etc.)
- Have experience working directly for owner, reporting on quality issues, providing oversight of sub contractors and other local inspectors.
- Witness and monitor suppliers I contractors work activities, inspection and test in accordance with the approved Quality Plan, ITP, Quality Procedures etc.
- Assist in the review of Supplier's/Contractor's Quality Plans, Inspection & Test Plans (ITPs) and Quality Procedures and all pertained QA/QC documentation prior to commencement of any fabrication/ construction work.
- Familiar with Equipment Preservation Requirements and its position in the integrated preservation process. This includes preservation and safe shipment of products/ materials.
- Mechanical Inspector with vendor & construction inspection experience needed in British Columbia.
- Background in construction required.
- Pressure vessel experience with supervision/overseeing other inspectors at vendor locations and/or at construction sites.
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world’s most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.