Medical Office Assistant (Temporary)
Medicentres Canada Inc.
Location: Foothills, Calgary
Medicentres is a growing network of professionally managed healthcare clinics dedicated to providing accessible healthcare to patients across Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, and Ontario. Regardless of your role, you are an integral part of our customer-first team and are guaranteed to make an impact on the lives of Canadians. By choosing to belong at Medicentres, you will join a team of passionate, like-minded people enjoying a challenging and rewarding career in the ever-changing health care industry. It starts with you. That's a simple sentence but it says a lot. It reminds each one of us that what we do matters.
Reporting to the Clinic Manager, the Medical Office Assistant is responsible for providing exceptional customer service to our patients, as well as providing support to physicians and medical staff.
- Answering phones, greeting and registering patients
- Responding to patient enquiries in person and by phone
- Initiating forms, creating billings, and collecting payment for services not covered by insurance
- Escorting patients to exam or treatment rooms and preparing patients for physician
- Cleaning and preparing exam and treatment rooms between patient visits
- Setting up and assisting with minor procedures including PAPs, pelvic examinations/IUDâ€™s
- Performing diagnostic testing as ordered by the physician including urinalysis
- Performing Blood pressure readings (using automated BP monitor), temperature readings, height and weight measurements as ordered by the physician
- Scheduling and notifying patients of appointments
- Scanning patient documents into electronic medical records as required
- Opening mail, receiving faxes, and distributing as appropriate
- Completing daily, monthly and weekly chore lists as required
- Performing other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Medical Office Assistant Qualification is an asset
- Recent customer service experience
- Experience with Med Access or Electronic Medical Records
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Proficiency in medical terminology is an asset
- Must be able to handle confidential information in compliance with the Health Information Act
Information For Applicants:
- We appreciate your interest in working with us; however, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Final candidates for this position may be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check.
To learn more about us, visit www.medicentres.com
Powered by JazzHR