Merchant Assistant (Blenheim, ON)
The Andersons Inc
This position is responsible for providing primary support to the assigned location in execution of contracts, rates and coordinating logistical support for commodity shipments by rail, truck or containers.
- Enter contracts, create contract folders and ensure the accuracy of files and documents for production.
- Assists with invoicing, collections and payments.
- Manage assigned customer problems with shipments.
- Reviews receivables and payables needing additional paperwork to complete processing and initiates the follow-up communication.
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Has developed knowledge and skills through job related training or considerable experience
- Often entry level for those with work experience in relevant areas
- Works within established procedure with a moderate degree of supervision
- Identifies the problem and all relevant issues in straightforward situations; assesses each using standard procedures and makes sound decisions
Minimum Qualifications & Skills
- Post-secondary education
- 1-3 years' relevant experience required
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed. It does not include all responsibilities and skills required of the job and may be changed at any time. All responsibilities must be completed in compliance with all safety protocols, policies, procedures and consistent with the spirit and philosophy of The Andersons' Statement of Principles.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed, but are not to be seen as a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Also, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer. The Andersons, Inc. is a Drug-Free Workplace. The Andersons, Inc. is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Note: The Andersons, Inc. conducts drug, alcohol and/or medical testing of applicants and employees based on type of position. A copy of our testing policy is available by contacting the HR Department at email@example.com .
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.
PHISHING SCAM WARNING: The Andersons is among several companies recently made aware of a phishing scam involving con artists posing as hiring managers recruiting via email, text and social media. The imposters are creating misleading email accounts, conducting remote "interviews," and making fake job offers in order to collect personal and financial information from unsuspecting individuals. Please note that The Andersons only uses company email addresses, which contain "@andersonsinc.com", to communicate with candidates via email. The company also uses secure tools on our website to receive data from applicants and would never ask them to submit their personal banking information to apply for an open job. If you are contacted by someone about an open job at The Andersons, please verify the domain of the sender's email address and that they are asking you to apply on this website. If you believe you've been a victim of a phishing scam, please reference this webpage for guidance on your reporting options https://www.dhs.gov/be-cyber-smart/report-incident