Non-Registered Medical Laboratory Technologist - TPT - Laboratory
Position: Non-registered Medical Laboratory Technologist
Department: Microbiology Laboratory
Status: TemporaryPart -time for approx. 6 Months (Must provide an FTE of 0.5)
Hours: Availability Monday to Sunday – Day and Evening Shifts – 7.5hour shifts
This is what you’ll be doing:
Provide technical support for real-time PCR testing within the Microbiology department. Monitor molecular laboratory operations and communicate regularly with the Microbiology Team Lead. Involved with research, development and implementation of new molecular microbiology assays.
- Under the guidance of a Medical Laboratory Technologist or Technical Specialist, manual or partially-automated set up of real-time PCR, including preparation of primer and probe stocks.
- Real-time PCR data analysis
- Troubleshooting / resolving issues with molecular supplies and analyzers
- Inventory control
- Technical support for validation or evaluation studies under the direction of the manager, team lead or designate.
- Handling of all Microbiology specimens.
- Prioritizes work and responds to urgent or unpredictable demands.
- Other duties as assigned.
This is what you’ll need to do it:
Halton Healthcare endeavors to hire individuals who are competent in their chosen profession and who exemplify our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and compassion which guide our individual behaviours and attitudes.
- Bachelor of Science with 3 years of molecular experience or a Master of Science with molecular experience.
- Technical experience with RT PCR.
- Understanding of molecular theory and best practices including RT PCR, nucleic acid extraction, primer and probe dilution calculation and preparation would be an asset.
- Familiarity with lab equipment including centrifuges, incubators, pipettors, biological safety cabinets.
- Time and priority management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work effectively as a collaborative member of a team.
- A positive attitude with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Satisfactory employment and attendance record
Date Posted: August 24, 2021
Internal applications due by: August 31, 2021
Please apply if you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.com directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
W e thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with Directive #6, Halton Healthcare has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination and Management Policy. All new hires must be fully compliant with our Policy as a condition of employment with Halton Healthcare. Successful applicants will be required to provide proof of vaccination or proof of a documented medical exemption as part of the hiring process.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products. We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.