Overnight Supervisor - $ 16.58 / hour - Saint Mary's University
Hiring Overnight Supervisor – Full TimeSaint Mary’s University, Halifax, Nova ScotiaHourly Wage: $ 16.58 / hour
The Supervisor is responsible for assisting the Operations Manager with the oversight or delegation of responsibilities within the food service operation such as customer service, food preparation, and food safety and sanitation procedure. The supervisor may train workers in methods of performing duties and assigns/coordinates work to promote efficiency of operations. Essential functions and responsibilities of the position may vary based on client requirements and business needs.
- Assist management to supervise food service locations
- Conducts and/or attends daily shift huddles to communicate daily operational priorities and safety briefs
- Oversees daily work assignments to a food service team and oversees the completion of tasks
- Complete Safe Observations for location weekly
- Trains and guides staff on job duties, proper food safety and sanitation procedures, customer service, etc.
- Prepares and builds food items according to standardized recipes and directions
- Properly stores food by adhering to food safety policies and procedures
- Complete cash readings, complete cash reports for each cashier on shift
- Responsible for cash reporting, making change for cashiers
- Ensure all equipment is turned off and all food is put away with proper labelling
- Complete cash reading, review and sign off on cashier reports and deposit to office safe
- Close and lock doors, lock fridges and stockroom
- Monitor Hey Chef App purchases and ensure all items are delivered accurately
- Provides excellent customer service, anticipating guests’ needs
- Maintains a positive attitude towards guests, customers, clients, co-workers, etc.
- Adheres and ensures compliance to Aramark safety policies and procedures including proper food safety and sanitation
- Ensure floor coverage for food service
- Ensures security of company assets
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by manager
- Previous supervisory experience in a related role preferred
- Previous food service experience required
- Must be able to obtain food safety certification
- Must be able to work independently with limited supervision
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills
- Requires occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling of up to 25 lbs.
All employees are responsible for following safe work procedures, using personal protective and safety equipment when required, knowing and complying with all regulations, reporting any illness or injury immediately to their manager or supervisor, reporting any safety violations to their manager or supervisor and cooperating with occupational health and safety programs.
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request. The finalist candidate for this position will need to complete and successfully pass a Criminal Background Check and a Vulnerable Sector Screening (if the operations we service require this). If hired for this position, your continued employment with us would be conditional upon Aramark being satisfied that you have successfully cleared both these pre-conditions.
Learn more at www.aramark.ca