Job DescriptionJob Title:
Physiotherapist 2, Primary CareWork Site:
Richmond West Primary Care Network (PCN) - Richmond, BCStatus:
Regular Full TimeStart Date:
As soon as possibleSalary:
$36.51 - $45.37 per hourHours:
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidaysReference#:
Come work as a Physiotherapist with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Physiotherapist to support the teams at the Richmond West Primary Care Network (PCN). Apply today to join our team!
As a Primary Care Physiotherapist with Vancouver Coastal Health your duties will include:
- Assessing a patient/client’s physical status, functional abilities, needs and goals.
- Establishing a physical therapy diagnosis and prognosis, developing and implementing an intervention strategy, monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of the intervention.
- Preparing and maintaining records, utilizing resources efficient and effectively and communicating with the patient/client/caregiver(s) and other health care providers.
- In collaboration with the patient/client and interdisciplinary team, providing continuity of care by liaising with team members, coordinating ongoing care (internal and external), supporting transitions and navigating services.
- As required, contributing to the organization and delivery of physical therapy services, and participating in operational/professional practice quality improvement initiatives, meetings, research and education.
About Primary Care Networks (PCN)
This new model of care includes a multi-disciplinary team of nurses, pharmacists and allied health professionals, working alongside and supporting family physicians, nurse practitioners at primary care offices, Primary Care Community Health Centres, Urgent and Primary Care centres, and services delivered by not-for-profit community health partners. Team members involved in the patient’s care will work closely together, so that they can get a full picture of the health care needs. PCNs are expected to provide patients and primary care providers with strong, effective links to hospitals and diagnostic service providers.
WHO WE ARE:
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
Degree in Physical Therapy from a recognized program.
Current full registration with the College of Physiotherapists of BC (CPTBC).
Two (2) years recent, related clinical experience relevant to the designated clinical area or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Valid B.C. driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of physical therapy theory and practice within a patient/client and family centred model of care.
- Broad knowledge of the CPTBC standards of practice and guidelines for clinical practitioners.
- Working knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in patient/client care.
- Knowledge of evidence-based clinical practice related to designated clinical area(s).
- Knowledge of physical therapy standardised tests, assessments, and outcome measures.
- Basic knowledge of research and quality improvement process and methodology.
- Demonstrated ability to teach and empower patient/clients to assume control over their health.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to unexpected events, problem-solve, set priorities and deal with conflict.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (orally and in writing) and deal effectively with patient/clients and caregiver(s), coworkers, physicians, other health care staff, and staff of external agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective consultation.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize when referral to another health care professional is required
- Demonstrated ability to support a seamless transition in care.
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities in collaboration with others in a complex health care environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team based care model and be able to recognize when referral to another health care professional is required.
- Demonstrated ability to provide competent and culturally safe care in a variety of settings and with diverse populations
- Demonstrated ability to promote Indigenous Cultural Safety.
- Demonstrated skill in Physiotherapy techniques and the use of applicable equipment and supplies.
- Demonstrated computer skills including the ability to effectively use a computerized client care information system.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting. ***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.