1 day ago
|Job Title:||Physiotherapist 2|
|Work Site:||Regional Pediatric Team, Pacific Spirit Community Health Centre - Vancouver, BC|
|Status:||Temporary Full Time|
As soon as possible until approximately November 2022
|Salary:||$36.51 - $45.37 per hour|
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays
We have an exciting opportunity for a Physiotherapist to join the Pediatric Team! You’ll be joining a dynamic and cohesive team, where you will work together to come up with the best solutions for children. You will be supported and offered endless learning opportunities.
Travelling throughout the community to schools and homes, you’ll offer individualized plans and physiotherapy services for school-aged children (5-19 years old) with special needs.
Key Activities include:
• Providing physiotherapy services to children with physical, neurological and developmental challenges and to those who require episodic or palliative care;
• Coordinating the care plan for children with complex health needs and collaborating with interdisciplinary team members, educational agencies, and other health care professionals/providers/community agencies to achieve excellence in health services and education.
• Performing screening and assessments
• Establishing client-centered treatment plan, developing and implementing an intervention strategy, evaluating the effectiveness of the plan at regular intervals either for individual or group therapy
• Training of/delegation to school staff including teachers & support staff
• Training and education for parents (of clients)
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Why Choose VCH:
Define your career in one of the most exciting and rewarding healthcare environments Canada-wide with Vancouver Coastal Health.
Education & Experience
Knowledge & Abilities
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.