Job DescriptionJob Title:
Physiotherapist 2Work Site:
Regional Pediatric Team, Pacific Spirit Community Health Centre - Vancouver, BCStatus:
Temporary Full TimeStart Date:
As soon as possible until approximately November 2022Salary:
$36.51 - $45.37 per hourHours:
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidaysReference#:
We have an exciting opportunity for a Physiotherapist to join the Pediatric Team! You’ll be joining a dynamic and cohesive team, where you will work together to come up with the best solutions for children. You will be supported and offered endless learning opportunities.
Travelling throughout the community to schools and homes, you’ll offer individualized plans and physiotherapy services for school-aged children (5-19 years old) with special needs.
Key Activities include:
• Providing physiotherapy services to children with physical, neurological and developmental challenges and to those who require episodic or palliative care;• Coordinating the care plan for children with complex health needs and collaborating with interdisciplinary team members, educational agencies, and other health care professionals/providers/community agencies to achieve excellence in health services and education.• Performing screening and assessments• Establishing client-centered treatment plan, developing and implementing an intervention strategy, evaluating the effectiveness of the plan at regular intervals either for individual or group therapy• Training of/delegation to school staff including teachers & support staff• Training and education for parents (of clients)
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Why Choose VCH:
- Work-life balance
- Stunning work locations
- Dynamic work opportunities
- "People First" Commitment
- Supportive leadership
- Clinical practice support
- Career development & education
- Competitive salary plus benefits package including extended health & dental, and vacation entitlement
- Employee & Family Assistance program
- Bursaries and scholarships to assist with continuing education
Define your career in one of the most exciting and rewarding healthcare environments Canada-wide with Vancouver Coastal Health.
Education & Experience
- Degree in Physiotherapy from a recognized program with a minimum of two years recent related pediatric experience in a community setting; care management experience, clinical experience in assessment of children with physical/neurological/developmental problems, implementation of functional therapy programs and experience with equipment issues, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current full registration with the College of Physical Therapists of BC (CPTBC).
- Eligible for membership with the Physiotherapy Association of British Columbia (PABC).
- Valid BC Drivers License. Local area travel requires the use of a personal vehicle for which mileage reimbursement is paid.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Considerable knowledge in the assessment of neurological, physical and developmental problems and an understanding of available equipment and its appropriate use including wheelchairs, standing frames, walkers and orthotics.
- Broad knowledge of CPTBC standards of practice and guidelines for physiotherapy
- Demonstrated ability to assess and provide interventions for children living with complex health issues
- Demonstrated commitment to working within a family directed service philosophy.
- Demonstrated ability to apply a risk management approach and ethical decision-making principles to complex family and complex health situations.
- Thorough knowledge and experience with care management theory, diversity and multicultural health care practice in working with children, families, care providers, professionals, special interest groups and the general public.
- Working knowledge of the principles of adult learning and group dynamics.
- Working knowledge of facilitation, mediation and conflict resolution techniques and demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of standardized pediatric assessments as well as informal assessments.
- Demonstrated teaching/training skills.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and deliver in-service education sessions to lay and professional groups.
- Demonstrated ability to prescribe and/or recommend a variety of rehabilitation equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and maintain a variety of charts, records and reports related to work and to perform all duties with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to independently plan, organize and prioritize workload.
- Ability to work independently and to use a cooperative approach to program delivery.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR Techniques.
- Ability to work within an interdisciplinary team environment.
- Ability to deal with others tactfully, effectively and respectfully
- Demonstrated computer skills including the ability to effectively use a computerized client care information system.
- Ability to carry out the physical demands of the job.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting. ***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.