IDL Projects Inc
Prince George, BC
IDL Projects Inc. (IDL) is a dynamic, rapidly expanding company focused on providing a broad array of construction services in Canada and internationally. We have established ourselves as a go-to solutions provider in the construction areas of civil and infrastructure, commercial, residential, public and institutional, industrial, energy, mining and safety services.
The pipelayer is part of an effective construction team that successfully installs underground utilities according to approved plans, specifications and applicable codes while maintaining high quality and a safe workplace.
- Aligns and positions pipes to prepare them for welding or sealing
- Checks slopes for conformance to requirements, using levels or lasers
- Connects pipe pieces and seal joints, using welding equipment, cement, or glue.
- Digs trenches to desired or required depths by hand and/or using trenching tools
- Covers pipe with earth or other materials
- Cuts pipes to required lengths
- Grades and levels trench bases, using tamping machines and hand tools
- Installs and repairs various sewer structures and pipe systems
- Lays out pipe routes, following verbal and/or written instructions or blueprints, and coordinating layouts with supervisors
- Locates existing pipes needing repair or replacement, using magnetic or radio indicators
- Taps and drills holes into pipes to introduce auxiliary lines or devices
- Installs and uses instruments such as lasers, grade rods, and transit levels
- Operates mechanized equipment such as pickup trucks, rollers, tandem dump trucks, front-end loaders, backhoes and others
- May perform other related duties as required
- Pipe laying experience in a construction environment or in a similar role
- Familiar with construction terms and practices
- Ability to understand and effectively execute verbal and written directions
- Adheres to company Health, Safety, & Environmental reporting and standard assessments
- Must possess a valid driverâ€™s license
Powered by JazzHR