Vancouver Coastal Health
|Work Site:||Plant Maintenance, Vancouver General Hospital - Vancouver, BC|
|Status:||Temporary Full Time|
As soon as possible
|Salary:||$35.11 per hour|
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays
Come work as a Plumber with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Plumber to join the team at Vancouver General Hospital. Apply today to join our team!
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order) as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
As a Plumber with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Perform skilled work in the field of plumbing, steamfitting and piping systems according to standards/regulations.
- Repair and maintain low pressure steam distribution and condensate systems, hot and chilled water piping systems and related equipment associated with the heating, glycol, heat recovery, air distribution and associated effluent, sewage and waste disposal, and medical gas, using tools and related equipment.
- Prepare appropriate rigging to move equipment.
Education & Experience
- Certificate of Apprenticeship or Trades Qualification Certificate as a journeyman Plumber, Class B level Gas Fitter's License with an electrical endorsement recognized by the Province of BC.
- Valid Certificate of Competency as a Cross Connection Control Specialist issued by the American Water Works Association, British Columbia Section.
- Two years' recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Trades Qualification Certificate as a journeyman Steamfitter/Pipefitter may also be required depending on site specifications.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, plans, drawings and specifications.
Ability to organize work.
Ability to deal with others effectively.
Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Ability to operate related equipment.
Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.