Preventative Maintenance Technician - WorldMark Whistler Sundance Resort
Travel + Leisure Co.
Put the World on Vacation
At Wyndham Destinations our mission is simple: to put the world on vacation. With a spirit of caring, creativity and fun, our teams help families and friends create memories that last a lifetime. As the world’s largest vacation ownership company and part of Travel + Leisure Co., we’re shaping the future of the travel industry.
Oracle Position Title: Technician, Preventative Maintenance
Working Position Title: Engineering/Maintenance Preventative Technician
Reports to: Engineering/Maintenance Manager, Asst, Maintenance Manager
Wages Above Competitive Rate
Wellness Benefit – fully funded ski pass or an annual gym pass (only one)
The preventative maintenance technician works to ensure electrical/mechanical equipment are functioning properly at all times. Will respond to guest calls in room repairs and maintenance. Installs, maintains and operations mechanical/electrical systems as well as responds to outages, take logs on critical equipment and establishes operating parameters.
Essential Job Functions
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Applies advanced skills in electrical/mechanical equipment including generators, chillers, pumps, cooling towers and HVAC units. Ensured regular preventative maintenance of these units. (30% time) Responding to guest request of in unit repairs or maintenance. (10% time) Performs plumbing maintenance such as pipes, drains, faucets, disposals, showers and Jacuzzi tubs using methods that include soldering, brazing silver, PVC, CPVC and fittings. (10% time) Resets, replaces breakers, ballasts and other electrical fixtures including switches and sockets; prevent and trouble shoot possible electric hazards. (10% time) Completes preventative programs on all systems such as HVAC, boilers, pool certification etc. Competencies in plumbing, electric and HVAC repairs with minimal assistance or supervision. (20% time) Applies critical skills to support operating equipment. (15% time) Assist with unit inspections (5% time)
No travel requirements for this role
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
- High school or equivalent preferred, with 2 years of related work experience
- 2-4 years painting experience
- HVAC certification
- CPO certification
- EAP certification
- Technical training 1-2 years
- Basic landscape training 1-2 years
- HVAC training preferred
- Plumping training preferred
- Training in all hand and mechanical tools
- Safety training experience preferred
- Critical operating unit training
Knowledge and skills
- Ability to complete work orders
- Ability to take direction and complete tasks
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize assignments
- Basic computer, tablet skills required
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure environments
- Emergency response training preferred
- Basic PC skills preferred
- Operating equipment skills: generators, chillers, pumps, cooling towers, HVAC units, fire and safety equipment.
- 2-4 year in role or similar role is preferred
Describe the following:
Level of decision making authority
- Moderate to high decision making in role
- Will be required to make immediate repair decision daily or in emergencies
Level of autonomy
- Will have autonomy to work with limited supervisor
The impact of his/her decision on the organization
- Decision have moderate to high impact in role
- This position does not have direct reports, but is expected to partner with co employees at the site and vendors that are part of the work environment.
- Role does not have financial responsibility.
Preventative techs will encounter all associates and guests at the resort. Employee is expected to display count on me behavior in all relationships.
Preventative maintenance Techs are expected to work with small hand tools and complex electric tools. Will be in hot and cold environments, working outside and inside the resort. Technician will work with small and large appliances in the resort, heavy equipment and electric.
A Place for Everyone
Hospitality is at the heart of all we do at Travel + Leisure Co., including how we treat each member of our growing community. Here, you’ll find a team that’s inclusive, values diversity, and is built on a foundational respect for people from all over the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to their membership in any protected class. If you require any reasonable accommodation to complete your application or any part of the recruiting process, please email your request to email@example.com, including the title and the location of the position for which you are applying.