Pricing Analyst (Virtual - Anywhere in Canada)
Aon is looking for a Pricing Analyst (Virtual - Anywhere across Canada)
Looking for an opportunity to start your career in the Insurance industry? Wondering how you can showcase your analytical skills in an environment with unlimited opportunity for professional & personal growth? This could be the role for you!
The Pricing Analyst is responsible to support Commercial Risk Account Executives (AEâ€™s) with pricing Aonâ€™s compensation for renewal and new business clients as well as developing strategies and value articulation material to support the AEâ€™s negotiation with Aonâ€™s clients. This role reports directly to the National Sales Manager.
This role is an excellent entry point for a motivated individual looking to build a career in the Commercial Risk Insurance industry.
Note: The successful applicant can be located virtually, anywhere across Canada on a permanent basis.
In this role, the Pricing Analyst will support the National Pricing Team with the following:
- Work with AEâ€™s to provide pricing analysis and support with interpreting Aon pricing metrics using Aonâ€™s pricing tool for client compensation
- Pull National client profitability and National time tracking reports for support, and interpretation, of the pricing analysis
- Work with the Pricing Leader to provide preparation support to AEâ€™s for developing and presenting their renewal and new business pricing strategies for clients and prospects prior to weekly national pricing council sessions
- Pre- and post- pricing council sessions provide value articulation support to AEâ€™s for their client and prospect compensation negotiations using existing pricing tools, templates and playbooks managed by the Global pricing team or housed on Aon Avenue
- Review pricing work for quality assurance
- Further develop and maintain strong understanding of retail commercial risk insurance industry; specifically, client compensation best practices
- Other related pricing support to team; to encompass tasks relating to pricing in general e.g. contributing to best practice
Education, experience, and key competencies
- Bachelorâ€™s degree
- 3 years of related work experience with experience in the retail commercial risk insurance industry preferred
- Strong aptitude for internal client strategic planning and ability to learn to use various pricing tools within the organization
- Advanced skills in Microsoft office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to work effectively with multiple levels of management & client facing colleagues
- Ability to manage multiple projects with cross-functional teams
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and drive progress on multiple projects
- Ability to work in teams and resolve conflicts
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon is committed to a diverse workforce as an Employment Equity employer (Women, People with Disabilities, Aboriginal Peoples, and Visible Minorities).
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.