Product and Process Implementation Technologist- Bolton, ON
This position will be the main support for all R&D activities within their respective site including but not limited to the trials and start-ups of new products, packaging, and raw materials. This position will lead process development activities for basic new product development projects that do not include major new ingredient streams and new technologies. In addition, this position will also implement sustainable process improvement initiatives & COGS through the use of root cause and statistical analysis tools and be the Process representative in site HACCP and Risk Assessments at their respective site. This role requires ability to use and apply basic knowledge of Quality & Engineering disciplines including Statistical Process Control, to execute activities aligned with the overall Petcare R&D strategy. Significant collaboration is expected with Quality, Supply and Engineering including CVS support.
What we are Looking for:
- Associate degree (technical or engineering related) and/or 3+ years' experience in an R&D, engineering, or product/process experience.
- Ability to travel 15% of the time
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Chemical, or Food Process Engineering or related discipline.
- Multi-site working experience
- Support the effective execution of line trials and process capability evaluations.
- Support test plans and use SPC data analysis to quantify key process and packaging machine parameters and fundamental mechanisms at both pilot and factory scale.
- Implement scalable operating specifications collaboratively developed with Product Development and Process development to achieve exceptional product attribute targets and ensure superior product quality and food safety.
- Provide SPC System support to Supply, Quality, Process Development & Product Development on existing processes
- Basic understanding of Lean Thinking principles and Value Added Engineering
- Work as part of the R&D team to support the scale-up risk and introduction of technology into supply chain
- Pursue process improvement opportunities as agreed upon and prioritized by the Process Development Manager & COGS Team, across the factory network focused on reducing waste, downtime and/or energy usage and/or increasing production rates
- Participate R&D at site FMOS meetings, daily product quality cuttings, and CI discussions.
- Minor Project and Budget responsibilities are required with potential contractor and technician management responsibility.