Product Manager, Technology (Remote)
Vancouver, BC, CA
30+ days ago
Hey there, we’re Article. We’re a digital-first furniture brand that’s working to make everyday living better by providing an easy way for people to furnish their space. We don’t have brick-and-mortar stores, so we’re able to deliver better value on beautiful modern furniture. We've ranked as one of Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies for the last three years, and we’re on the hunt for talented, enthusiastic team members who want to solve meaningful problems in pursuit of being remarkably better for our customers.
We’re looking for multiple Product Managers to help build a great digital first furniture brand that obsesses over customers and whose global business spans from suppliers to warehouses to delivery trucks to the ecommerce site to internal teams like Finance and IT.
We’re a remote first team (+/- 4 hours from PST) currently hiring for Associate, Intermediate, and Senior PMs for multiple portfolios including (but not limited to):
Financial Planning: Build out a company wide approach to business planning to ensure we’re able to forecast customer needs quickly and accurately. Working closely with the Finance and Supply Chain teams you’ll ensure the right systems and processes are in place so that high quality decisions are made.
Raw Materials Supply Chain: Being responsible for standing up the systems needed to support our product development, sourcing, logistics, and warehouse teams in finding, managing, transporting, and storing raw materials needed to produce our finished goods. This PM will focus primarily in the sourcing and planning areas while coordinating with product, logistics, and warehouse teams in upgrading or building systems needed.
Logistics: Once our products are made we need to make sure they get to our customers quickly. This means getting on the right ships, trains, and trucks and then getting them to the right warehouses which are spread out across the country. Make it easy for our logistics team to source and book transportation services so we can meet our customer promise.
E-commerce: We’re digital only so the only way to shop with us is via our beautiful website. Help us develop a website that makes it easy for our customers to find what they need. Test new ideas and experiment to see what helps our customers shop the most.
Customer Care: Help our 100+ Customer Care agents deliver an amazing experience to our customers by providing them and our customers with great tools to answer their questions. Partnering with the Director of Sales and Service you’ll define the technology roadmap for a key front line team. Ideally, you’ve worked on the front lines yourself.
Don’t see a portfolio that fits you? That’s ok, we’re adding new positions regularly so let us know what set of skills you bring to the table.
What You'll Be Doing
- Ensure high quality, fast paced decision making across all teams.
- Partner with key stakeholders on functional teams, leadership, and Engineering to develop a vision, a strategy and a set of KPIs for your product portfolio.
- Identify, analyse, propose and prioritize high impact business opportunities.
- Drive cross functional alignment for strategy and deliverables.
- Own the roadmap for your product portfolio.
- Contribute to continuously improving Article’s product management capabilities.
- For our functional teams: Emerge as a go-to problem solver and partner in achieving business results, such as higher customer satisfaction, shorter lead times and lower fulfillment costs.
- For our engineering, design, and data teams: Ensure clarity, continuity, and visibility.
- For everyone: Be the voice of customers and users.
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
- 3+ years of experience in Product Management
- A portfolio of shipped products, ideally which you operated after launch.
- You have owned and delivered multiple product roadmaps; and have managed products across their lifecycle.
- You can demonstrate a history of effective partnerships with functional leadership, engineers, designers, and data analysts.
- You are a self-starter comfortable in unstructured situations.
- You bring people together, develop trust and challenge them to deliver outstanding results.
At Article, we believe in an “Ownership Mindset” where you’ll be given autonomy and the ability to own your work. Beyond a competitive salary:
- We reward that ownership mindset, so we offer stock options after one year of employment
- With our fast growth, we have a culture of curiosity, where learning happens on the fly — and while having a lot of fun
- Access to dental and health benefits package plus a health/lifestyle spending account for your total physical and mental well-being
- 45% discount on our products so you can experience first-hand why our customers love Article
- Your choice of state-of-the-art laptops with the tech and tools to easily collaborate
Most HQ employees are working from home due to COVID-19. When it’s safe to return to the office, we have flexible solutions if you want to be in the office a lot, sometimes, or not at all.
- When our office is safe to reopen, you’ll love that:
- The Article HQ is a converted warehouse with in-house photo studios, an airy open layout, an open kitchen filled with snacks, premium coffees and teas (and ALL the milks).
- A dog-friendly office. We love our dog friends here at Article. If you have a well-behaved, well-socialized pup, we’d love to have them in the office too.
- Onsite fitness equipment, change rooms (including towel service!) and bike storage
- Regular extra-curricular activities, such as socials, open-mics, picnics... even cross-country skiing! For now, we've replaced them with creative virtual events for the time being - like virtual trivia night or a cooking class through Zoom!
Ready to become a Particle? Apply today. We're excited to meet you