Production Supervisor, Overnight Shift
ABB Installation Products Division (formerly Thomas & Betts) is the number one manufacturer of electrification products in North America with a 125-year history of providing innovation and customer- focused solutions for connecting and protecting electrical systems, as well as a unique differentiated medium voltage offering. Our products are used all around you, every day - orbiting the earth, working on Mars, on the fastest trains we ride, in the fastest cars of the world, crossing oceans, in factories producing your food, in the tallest buildings of the world, in the most modern hotels and in the walls of your home. With a portfolio of more than 200,000 products marketed under more than 38 premium brand names, our Division offerings are found wherever electricity is used. For the St-Jean-sur-Richelieu plant, we are looking for a production supervisor for the overnight shift. Reporting to head of the production sector, your primary responsibility will be to monitor production needs in a unionized manufacturing environment that promotes participatory management.
- Supervise a production team of approximately 20 unionized employees.
- Verify the availability of equipment, material, and personnel and identify production priorities.
- Act as a leader in health and safety management.
- Identify opportunities and manage plans to improve your sector.
- Supervise, evaluate, and coach employees in the achievement of their skill level.
- Identify the training needs of production workers.
- Participate in production planning.
- Manage team meetings.
- Participate and collaborate in shift transition meetings.
- Living ABB's core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor's degree (or technical diploma) in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, industrial engineering, or operations management (or equivalent studies)
- 2 years of experience or supervisory experience (preferably unionized manufacturing environment).
- Demonstrate leadership and influence with team members.
- Autonomous, highly organized, capable of managing several priorities and projects.
- Manage and resolve emergencies and make decisions quickly.
- Act as a change agent in change management.
- Work as a team by communicating and collaborating with various members of the organization.
- Retirement plan
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
Named to Forbes 2020 list of top 15 employers in Canada, ABB values the dedication, commitment and expertise of our employees. ABB is an Employment Equity Employer and believes in an inclusive and diverse workforce. Committed to ensuring that all policies and practices respect the Employment Equity Program, we aim for our workforce to be truly representative of the four designated groups; women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to applicant with disabilities and encourage applicants to self-identify in the application process.