Project Health & Safety Consultant
Location: Ontario preferred (other locations considered: work from home position)
This opportunity is for a flexible and self-motivated individual. You will be responsible for managing multiple project activities within scope/budget/schedule expectations and ensure quality standards on project deliverables. If hired, you can expect up to 50% short-term and extended travel to client sites.
Typical responsibilities will include:
- Design and implement safety management systems, safety programs, procedures, plans and reports for clients.
- Perform facility compliance audits and occupational exposure surveys and implement follow-up corrective actions to ensure compliance with national, state, and local regulations.
- Conduct industrial hygiene surveys for employee exposure, ambient air, monitoring noise radiation, heat and industrial contaminant control systems. Write technical reports and provide recommendations, as necessary. Maintain site records for IH.
- Assess regulatory compliance across various safety programs and environmental media.
- Provide technical assistance on safety-related compliance projects, safety management system development and implementation, safety oversight, industrial hygiene monitoring, and safety auditing.
- Develop and conduct training, field coaching, and assessments for safety performance internally and for clients.
- Provide on-site health and safety compliance support at client facilities.
- Participate in or lead OSH related audits.
- Assistance with multimedia permitting (air, water, waste) and compliance efforts, including on-site environmental compliance support.
- Assist with maintenance of client Health and Safety prequalification accounts
Traits required for success in our team:
- Flexibility and ability to manage multiple deadlines and fast-changing priorities
- Display integrity through honesty, fairness, & respect
- Possesses a sense of responsibility and takes accountability
- Prior consulting experience preferred
- Takes initiative
- Trustworthy & dependable
- Good listener & fosters teamwork
- Ability to work independently in a virtual work environment (home office-based position)
Skills required for success in this role include:
7-10 years of health and safety experience in industrial environments and EH&S consulting, certification in field; ASP/CSP, CIH,CHMM, PE or similar registration highly desired, BA or MA in safety science or related discipline, Knowledge of Canada-wide provincial Health and Safety legislation - Quebec, British Columbia, Alberta, Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Ontario will be considered an asset. Knowledge of confined space requirements, working at heights, hot work, HAZOP, WHMIS and CSA Z432 standard is an asset. Willingness for occasional travel (Canada, US).
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.