Project Manager - Construction Industry
The Graff Company ULC a leading service provider in the construction service industry has an opening for a Project Manager to join our team.
We are looking for an estimator/project manager that will identify key infrastructure projects related to the concrete cutting industry, estimate and bid these opportunities, manage said projects to completion while maintaining appropriate document and financial controls.
The successful candidate will be a determined self-starter who is highly out-going, expected to be socially-poised when interacting with clients, must have the ability to work independently and be eager to execute a high volume of personal client interactions.
- Identify and tender bids to key contractors on non-service work projects
- With assistance of staff, perform take-off and bid estimates for the purpose of tendering and securing project work through site walk downs and blue prints
- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with the clients, suppliers and subcontractors
- Develop project cost and revenue forecasts, developing KPI's to meet budgeted cost and timelines
- Develop plans of execution with operations team to meet customer deadlines and plan of execution
- Manage and execute all work related to those contracts including scheduling of work force, resources and all materials, subcontractors and service related to the successful completion of work.
- Order and source all service and materials to complete work
- Ensure compliance to all Provincial and site specific safety regulations in execution of work
- Manage all jobs related to existing customer contracts. Produce monthly forecast on costs and revenue for each.
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
- Degree in Construction Management, Engineering or related discipline is a must
- Ability to develop clear scopes of work from detailed drawings.
- Field experience overseeing and managing complex jobs to completion over lengthy execution timelines.
- Experience in negotiating detailed contracts and change orders
- The ability to manage a team of people and delegate responsibilities within that team including the creation of performance measures and targets.
- Experience in contract execution and management, budgeting and forecasting.
- Prior experience using industry project bid tools, can leverage relationships in local associations and has the ability to network and create opportunities by developing key industry connections.
- Provides accurate weekly forecasting, including deal value, along with project completion and bid status updates.
- Has managed large scale projects at the field level
- CRM database experience
- 5 years related experience in the construction or construction service industry.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- Ability to build Company local reputation by representing the company in community and industry organizations.
- Traveling assigned area & beyond to aggressively drive and generate new business.
- Familiar with Construction Equipment.
- Experience in and with professional construction services
- Working knowledge of Microsoft applications.
The Company Offers:
- An excellent compensation package for our staff
- Base salary plus bonus
- Car Allowance